Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Tomorrow we hope to celebrate a special birthday, Christmas,,, so the birth of the Christ, the Messiah. If you are one of the ones who also have a birthday on the same day, you might feel a little left out. So here I want to wish all those who were born on Dec 25 and very BLESSED BIRTHDAY. I'LL start with one I know HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGONSLAYER
  2. I hope nobody finds this political, & I hope it works. http://www.bornagainamerican.org/
  3. Wayne Jr and Grace have a baby girl, Kylie Mae Wilson. Born at 11:02pm Sept 15th. 7lb6oz, 19inch.
  4. http://www.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.235372.1243574086%21menu/standard/file/ny-walt-baby-boomers.swf Had to laugh! Too true!
  5. Granddaughter #3 arrived today about a week early, but she has all the right parts in all the right places, and is just beautiful. Shannon Margaret, born 7:10pm, 6lbs 2oz, 18 1/4 in. long. Can't wait to get her on the back seat of the RSV for a ride someday! Babies are the best thing in the world!!!
  6. I was on Facebook, checking in on Brayden Shields, he was the little boy who asked to have his picture taken with us while we were touring the hospital. I came across this poem written by his mother and thought maybe this might help some of you decide to help Brayden and other patients like him..........I was moved to tears by it...... ~ I WAS BORN A SOLDIER ~ I have been forced into a battle That I did not choose to fight, But the enemy will wage on So I will fight with all my might. My battle gear I traded For hospital gowns, needles, and IV's. No shortage of supplies, St.Jude has all I'll need. I will survive this battle, Starting now not tonight. Cancer didn't know who it messed with When it picked this fight. I was born to be a soldier. And a soldier I will be. Till the end of it all Or when I hear "You're Cancer Free". Now Cancer..., Don't come back later looking for me. I will not be here. If you even think about it , I will beat you!!! Is that clear? by: Misty Shields http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/229224_1870028403318_1619367348_1806391_7049042_a.jpg~ I WAS BORN A SOLDIER ~ Like
  7. Found another Vmax front rim for a decent price, this one is straight unlike last one I got. The seller did cheerfully refund money & shipping, plus didn't want rim back. $8 in scrap aluminum. Little bit of shimming and get the just broke in Avon on it and it will be one step closer to being a born again VMax. This one doesn't have red stripe though. But I do have a vinyl cutter I just got from my brother in law, so I might try cutting stripes for it. Gary
  8. *CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL MY FRIENDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE....1930's 1940's, 50's, 60's and early 70's ! First, we survived being born to mothers who drank while they carried us and lived in houses made of asbestos. They took aspirin, ate blue cheese, raw egg products, loads of bacon and processed meat, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes or cervical cancer Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright coloured lead-based paints. We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets or shoes, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking. As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle... Take away food was limited to fish and chips, no pizza shops, McDonalds , KFC, Subway or Nandos. Even though all the shops closed at 6.00pm and didn't open on the weekends, somehow we didn't starve to death! We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this. We could collect old drink bottles and cash them in at the corner store and buy Toffees, Gobstoppers, Bubble Gum and some bangers to blow up frogs with. We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soft drinks with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because..... WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!! We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K. We would spend hours building our go-carts out of old prams and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. We built tree houses and dens and played in river beds with matchbox cars. We did not have Playstations, Nintendo Wii , X-boxes, no video games at all, no 999 channels on SKY , no video/dvd films, no mobile phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms.......... WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them! We fell out of trees, got cut, grazed from our go-kart incidents, broke bones and teeth and there were no Lawsuits from these accidents. Only girls had pierced ears!.. Anywhere else labelled you odd or kinky! We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever. You could only buy Easter Eggs and Hot Cross Buns at Easter time... Christmas decorations only appeared in December... Like they should! We were given air guns and catapults for our 10th birthdays, yet the threat of a whack from our parents kept us in check. We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them! (Dad-Cabs didn't exist). Mum didn't have to go to work to help dad make ends meet! RUGBY and CRICKET had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! Getting into the team was based on MERIT Our teachers used to spank us with canes and gym shoes, or throw heavy blackboard rubbers at us if we weren't listening in class and bully's*//**/always /*ruled the playground at school. The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law and gave you a whack so you didn't forget! Our parents didn't invent stupid names for their kids like 'Kiora' and 'Blade' and 'Ridge' and 'Vanilla.' 'Porsche' and 'Mercedes' were car names! We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL ! (without a shrink!) And YOU are one of them! *CONGRATULATIONS!* You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good. And while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were. PS -The big type is because your eyes are not too good at your age anymore
  9. People born before 1946 were called The Silent and powerful generation.. - People born between 1946 and 1964 are called The Baby Boomers. - People born between 1965 and 1979 are calledGeneration X, . - And people born between 1980 and 2010 are called Generation Y , Why do we call the last group Generation Y? Y should I get a job? Y should I leave home and find my own place? Y should I get a car when I can borrow yours? Y should I clean my room? Y should I wash and iron my own clothes? Y should I buy any food? But a cartoonist explained it very eloquently below... [ATTACH]57832[/ATTACH]
  10. Today must be the day for kid braggin'. Things have been busy around here lately. Three of the newest additions to the GGK section. They were all born within 5 months of each other. All the mom's and dad's... plus one aunt... are our Grandkids...
  11. My Daughter gave us our first Grand Child Khloe was born on 5-3-11 12:23pm She weights 7lbs 15oz 21 inches long Doctor said she could be a basket ball player when she grows up due to her big hands & feet all the shoes everyone bought her are to small LOL Yep once I heard her cry when she was born (set of lungs) this old biker guy was crying and when I hold her in my arms and hear her sing herself to sleep once again I start crying Peg & I are so happy and full of JOY
  12. Three new grandchildren. Zackery, Dani-Lynn, and Kinley. Sorry for the confusion. I should have given a little more info. These cuties are not triplets. We are a Brady bunch and have six children. These are from three different mothers. Zach was born in Feb, Dani and Kinley in March. We also have five other grandchildren, they are: Emily, Braydon, Tyler, Alyssa, and Addison.
  13. Just when we hoped it was over... another 6-12" heavy wet snow forecast for the next 36 hours. This has been a brutal winter in the Northeast and I guess it's no April Fools Joke, just won't end! Got the RSV shined up, farkles installed, topped off with fresh gas -ready to ride. I'm envious of you guys that get to ride year round. Born and raised in upstate NY and love it although the weather, gun laws and taxes are making it tough to justify anymore. Awright, I'll stop whining now. Just a severe case of Cabin Fever. I feel better now.
  14. Guest

My son was born!

For those of you who were waiting for pictures, here they are! Gibson Lane Henninger - Born 12-03-2010 12:02pm - 6lbs 15oz - 20" http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs568.ash2/149062_117848548282572_100001722815834_124829_301732_n.jpg http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs594.ash2/154653_118359391564821_100001722815834_128557_8265136_n.jpg My wife was all sortsa ready to have him, having a contraction while surfing the web... http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1128.snc4/149013_117750464959047_100001722815834_123912_1815712_n.jpg We almost lost him, so they had to do an emergency C-Section, and thankfully everyone is okay now!
  15. Here,s a couple of pics of Casey May born 11/19,10:13am , 7lb 6oz, 21" long
  16. its been a real hard day for me today. im now the last man standing. when i joined the army back in 1977 5 of us hooked up and went in together. there was crazy bill anderson. born 1957 died 1988. outlaw john walker. born 1956 died 2008. alittle out there. dave olson. born 1958 died 2008. and today old wild cat. eugene (sonny) siltman. born 1957 died 2010. decide that life was not worth living any more. and decide he wanted to go home. and took his own life.. then my sisters verry best friend lost her battle with cancer. sometimes i wonder what goes through a persons mind to do this? how bad are the demons that tormented him. why did he fool all of us. he seemed all right last time i saw him? we all did one thing in life we wanted to do after our time with the service. we rode our honda 750.s from mn to az and back. what great memories. the 2 of us where hopeing that we could get our bikes in good enough shape for a long ride again. but at last he wont be there. thats why some how some way. i have to get the venture in great shape for next year. and i will get it done. i need one last long ride. they where my friends from my youth and past. i thank the lord for all of you. my new friends. in my middle years. just remember ride like it might be your last and enjoy gods world. peace my brothers and sisters
  17. Daddy, how was I born? A little boy goes to his father and asks 'Daddy, how was I born ?' The father answers, 'Well, son, I guess one day you will need to find out anyway! YourMom and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo. Then I set up a date via e-mailwith your Mom and we met at a cyber-cafe. We sneaked into a secluded room, andgoogled each other. There your mother agreed to a download from my hard drive. As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of us had used afirewall, and since it was too late to hit the delete button ,nine months later a littlePop-Upappeared that said: Scroll down...You'll love this ....... http://venturerider.org/forum/image.php?u=1102&dateline=1273642320&type=thumb'You got Male!
  18. I'm new here, but thought I'd share. Wife is preggers, and had a appointment today. Doc said she was 2cm dilated and 75% effaced. He said baby will be here within the week, if not tonight. She's been having contractions since yesterday. They got down under 7 minutes apart about midnight, so I took her to the hospital. They think her water has broke, but they are having a difficult time confirming it. They won't let her go home, but they won't admit her yet, either. So now we are in limbo. When our first was born (13 years ago), we went to the hospital at 5PM, and had the same song and dance. Four hours later he was born. I was worried about how fast it happened last time, and this being her second child may make it even quicker. Now it kinda sux because we could have been home getting some sleep. Oh well, better safe than sorry. Oh well. Coffee break is over. I'll update when there is news.
  19. kenw

Christms video

This is unreal, you have to watch this short video I guess there really are no limits to what can be done visually and acoustically with modern technology - amazing! Elvis, When he was really "The King" - Martina McBride was digitally dropped in to this track in 2008...Best close-up of Elvis I've ever seen!!!! This is Modern-Tech at its finest. Very appropriate for this coming "Christmas" Click on link below. http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=5mCzgDf_lCZ3uKBDkKLY2_dqmD4_S0yF&UserName=Unknown Amazing, how good this is, enjoy as I did. Elvis - Born January 08, 1935. Died August 16, 1977 Martina - Born July29, 1966 - Merry Christmas to my venture friends!!
  20. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfI_FhG4l4I&feature=related]YouTube- Twisted Version Of "Born To Be Wild"[/ame]
  21. Patricia and I are very pleased to announce the birth of our 1st Grandson. His name is Kellon Myrl Mabrey, 8 lbs 7 oz, 21" long, born at 5:57 July 10th. He is a "KEEPER". By the way, he is our first Grandbaby so that make us brand new grandparents. Yeah!!
  22. I've looked through tons of threads on this and can't find it in any of them. If it's there it's lost within a ton of replies on each one. Anyhoo, can someone tell me how to tell the age (born on date) of a tire. I know that somewhere on there is the week and year or manufacture, but I can't decode it on this new tire I got from motorcycle superstore.
  23. This was written by a black gentleman in Texas . And is so funny. What a great sense of humor And creativity!!! When I was born, I was BLACK, When I grew up, I was BLACK, When I went in the sun, I stayed BLACK, When I got cold, I was BLACK, When I was scared, I was BLACK, When I was sick, I was BLACK, When I bruise, I'm still BLACK, And when I die, I'll still be BLACK. NOW, You 'white' folks.... When you're born, you're PINK, When you grow-up, you're WHITE, When you go in the sun, you get RED, When you're cold, you turn BLUE, When you're scared, you're YELLOW, When you get sick, you're GREEN, When you bruise, you turn PURPLE, And when you die, you look GRAY. So who y'all callin' COLORED folks?
  24. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE 1930's 40's, 50's, and 60's!!! First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us. They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes. Then after that trauma, our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paints. We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking . As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat. We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle. We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this. We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soda pop with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because...... WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!! We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K. We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem . We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no cell phones, no text messaging, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms..........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them! We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents . We played with worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever. We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes. We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them! Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law! This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever! The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL! And YOU are one of them! CONGRATULATIONS! You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good. and while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were. Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?! PS -The big type is because your eyes are shot at your age ! How true how true.
  25. Just another way to ride a bike. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s4j_AbBqXI]YouTube - Born to be wild[/ame]