Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 8 results

1. Drreb

Biker Down

Son had a bad crash yesterday evening. Went down avoiding the rearend of a SUV. Chose the grassy medium instead of the rear bumper of the SUV. Messed up his Road Star and caused him to have a broken knee cap and fracture rib. Probably will need surgery to correct his knee injury. Bike probably a total. Could have been worse had he not been wearing the proper protective gear. Said he was not speeding and he rolled after impacting the ground like a ball. Glad he's alive! Prayer would be greatly appreciated for his full recovery. He's a great son!
  2. GOOD: A Saskatchewan police officer had a perfect spot to watch for speeders, but wasn't getting many. Then he discovered the problem.- a 12-year-old boy was standing up the road with a hand painted sign, which read 'RADAR TRAP AHEAD' The officer then found a young accomplice down the road with a sign reading 'TIPS' and a bucket full of money. (And we used to just sell lemonade!)   BETTER: A motorist was mailed a picture of his car speeding through an automated radar post in Edmonton , AB. A $40 speeding ticket was included. Being cute, he sent the police department a picture of $40. The police responded with another mailed photo of handcuffs.   BEST: A young woman was pulled over for speeding. As the Saskatchewan RCMP Officer walked to her car window, flipping open his ticket book, she said, "I bet you are going to sell me a ticket to the RCMP Ball." He replied, 'Ma'am, Saskatchewan RCMP don't have balls.' There was a moment of silence while she smiled, and he realized what he'd just said. He then closed his book, got back in his patrol car and drove off. She was laughing too hard to start her car.
  3. I just bought a 2006 Venture so far I really like the bike. My concern is an engine noise at certain RPM when crusing--that is when I am not speeding up or slowing down. In 5th gear its about 65 MPH. The noise is also heard in othr gears at lower speeds but only when not speeding up or slowing down--just crusing along. My thinking is that it may be the timing chain. My bike has 26 M miles on it. This may be normal for the engine but since by other bike is a V Twin I am not sure what are the normal noises for this engine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Eagle77----new member
  4. Arrived at home about 6 tonight. No incidents except for Rhonda running out of gas in Harrison. Guess she ran a little hard chasing Dale (not becuase of his bald head ). Rhonda lead most of the way and done real good. Not sure why I always see the police when I am speeding. Had a great time, so thanks to the Volunteers for setting up the ralley, and too everyone else for showing up. Ride safe. Brad
  5. So erhm on a recent trip to and from NYC, I'm rushing through Maine at a decent pace late one night / early morning when all of a sudden over the rise I come up onto a brown car in the fast lane, and he ain't going fast.. so I swing over to the right, flash of lights and signal to alert the driver of my intentions of passing him on the right cause apparently the slow drivers love the left lane and won't budge.. but the closer I got to him it was ooops, State Trooper.. Ooooh.. Ok hi there.. A quick peek at the speedo shows me doing closer to the speed limit than I had thought so no worries.. but when I slid past him I got the lights to pull over. Anticipating this, I come onto the binders and pull over to the far right in time to watch him shoot past me and have to reverse until he can stop behind me like he oughta.. I'm WAY over to the right, almost to the ditch to make sure the gentleman won't be in harm's way when he comes over to me. Me, being a kind and decent soul have no one to blame but myself for speeding so I'm not going to make his life difficult for my sillyness. Nice guy eh? He sashays up to me like a Trooper would, hand on gun, ready for anything.. "Do you know why I stopped you" he asks.. "No sir, I do not know why you stopped me.. why did you stop me?" "You have NO idea why?" he asks again.. Erhm again my answer is no. "I pulled you over for speeding. May I see your driver's license and registration" he requests. He goes off to his car, takes a while and then comes back and asks "Do you know how fast you were going?" "Yes, I was doing the posted speed limit..." "Oh no you weren't he declared, otherwise I would not have pulled you over for speeding.. How fast do you think you were going?!" again he asks.. "Without trying to make an argument out of this, I earnestly believe I was doing the posted speed limit, hence why I was able to pull over onto the shoulder so quickly while you shot past me like you did. I believe YOU were travelling much slower than the posted speed limit in the wrong lane..." was my response.. After this goes on for a few minutes, he hands me a warning ticket with no posted speed declaration on the ticket.. The poor guy had no means of knowing how fast I was going since I came up to him from behind so quickly, and pulled over before I got in front of him enough to get a bead on me.. And though I'm not from Maine, I would daresay that he can't issue a speeding ticket without a tag on my speed.. either by Ladar or by my own admission.. Mom said I was born at midnight, not last night Needless to say I locked my cruise control down to the posted speed limit after that until I got back into Canada lol.. But the question (after a long story, sorry) is that can a Trooper give you a ticket only by his gut sense that you were speeding or does he need a confirmation of such?
  6. http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Alberta/2008/08/30/6614891-sun.html OUCH!!!!!!!!
  7. No, not the swimsuit!! The odometer works good, no noises at all. The speedometer works no more, after a very heavy rain the bike was out in the other day. I'm hoping things will dry out inside, and I'll be able to keep the Law from writing me speeding tickets!! However, in case I need Plan B, anyone have any ideas/suggestions of how to fix said problem?? Thanks to all!!
  8. Top this for a speeding ticket... Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident while checking for speeding motorists on the A1 Great North Road. One of the officers used a hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300 mph. Their radar suddenly stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it. Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet which was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Border district, approaching from the North Sea. Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff complaint to the RAF Liaison office. Back came the reply in true laconic RAF style: "Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an air-to-ground missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the pilot flying the Tornado recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile systems alert status, and was able to override the automated defence system before the missile was launched and your hostile radar installation was destroyed. "Good Day."