Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 16 results

1. I've been looking at the various fuse block threads on here and have noted the occasional reference to clearance issues. Most of the replacement ATC fuse blocks I have found so far are between 1.3" and 1.5". Has anyone actually figured out how much room there is between the battery and the top cover?
  2. Well the checks of my Trike have revealed its first problem. When I picked it up, I was told that a small dent was discovered in the front fender which was believed to be caused by the light-bar falling on the fender during a performed repair. After driving it home I discovered that the small dent is now a crease in what was my beautiful fender. Sooooooo... Anyone who has had their Venture converted with a Hannigan kit & EZSteer - Have you had problems with your light-bar hitting the front fender on hard bumps due to reduced clearance between the bar & the fender? I have a call into the previous owner... Before I attempt to fix the problem, I need to know if the reduced clearance is from the EZSteer install or some lowering adjustment performed. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Anyone know where I can get fender damage repaired like I have? Thanks as always - here are some photos. show two dents & ridge mark across fender shows small clearance problem
  3. Are the valves hydraulic and auto-adjusting or do they require periodic checking for clearance ?
  4. Hey Guys thanks for the help on the bars now I was gonna change plugs just took a quick look got all the side covers off but doesn't seem to be enough clearance is there an easy way:rotf:or a trick to get swap em ? Oh its an 83 Thanks Tom
  5. I just bought a low mileage '83 Venture. Seeing as how it's stablemate is a KLR650 I hate leaving it behind when I go up in the canyons. So my question is: How do I 'dual-sport' this bike? You know, knobbies, knocking off 400-500 pounds, skid pan, 12" clearance. high pipes, safe for water crossings, making short jumps of 20-30 feet. etc., etc.... You know? A single track, mountain climbing monster! heh heh heh
  6. I'm going to lower the front of my 07 RSV. I have read...I think .....all/most of the posts on this mod., but have not found the answer to a couple of questions. With the small clearance between the top of the fork and the wiring/cables that are attached to the handlebars..(1/2"-3/4") Just don't seem wise to move the wiring and cable mounting. (1) Do I need to buy the 1 1/2" Baron Handlebar Risers?....If yes.... (2) Will there be clearance problems between the risers and the inner flairing? Looks pretty close. Thanks in advance for all the help...."GREAT GROUP" Freddie
  7. Not sure if it is appropriate to post a job opening if not I will delete let me know, however as many people that are looking for jobs I thought I would let everyone know that there are two good opportunities for Integration/Electronics techs with a security clearance in Charleston. If you know anyone that is interested you can PM me and I will send out the info.
  8. can clearance lights "led" be wired to act as run/turn signal only ?? want to put some on side of trailer but only as run/turn, no brake. have 4 wire set up with 5 to 4 conversion on bike. any thoughts??
  9. Having the rear tire replaced tomarrow morning with Metzler ME880 180- 70- 15. As you know, stock is a 150 -90- 15. Anyone here know if there will be a problem with tire clearance? I have read on this site that a certain size can be a problem, but I forgot with one.
  10. I have a 1988 with 28,500 miles on it stripped down. Cylinder heads and valves looked normal. Pistons 1 & 2 have a tight oil ring. There is burnt oil below rings on #'s 1 & 2. End clearance on #1 ring about .020" on on all 4. End clearance on #2 ring about .020" on 3 & 4. End clearance on #2 ring about .026" on 1 & 2. Side clearance on all oil rings in tolerance. Cylinder walls good on 2,3 & 4, cross hatching still very visible. Cylinder wall on #1 not bad condition but cross hatching not as visible. No ridge at top of cylinder. What if any thing specific would cause left side pistons to be in worse shape than right side. Picture shows pistons 1 -4, left to right. Gary
  11. Attached is a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet that can be used as an aid in selecting replacement valve shims. This should work for 1983 through 2009 models, I did not see any variances in the sizing charts in the service manuals. 1st sheet in file is in Metric format. 2nd sheet in file is in Inch format. I expanded upon the valve clearance charts that are in the service manuals to include the shims end in 2 and 8. The reason for this is that these shims can be reused in the bike if available. I don't believe you can buy the --2 and --8 sizes. Screen shot below shows cylinder 2 area. The only cells that are selectable are the "Shim in Now" & "Measured Clearance" data fields. The "Shim in Now" field will only accept valid shim sizes. There is a pull down menu for valid sizes or size can be keyed in. The only other value that is accepted as input is a zero. I included this to set chart to neutral setting. The "Measured Clearance" field has no error checking built in. Use millimeters on Metric sheet or inches on Inch sheet. The decimal point needs to be entered, the "mm" or "in" does not need to be entered. Below the "Measured Clearance" field is a calculated field for "Shim Needed". This field will display the correct shim size to set valve clearance to the high end of acceptable range. Next is "Expected Clearance" field. This is a calculated field to show what valve clearance should be with the shim size shown in "Shim Needed" field. Next is "2nd Choice Shim" field. This field will display the next larger size shim that will work. This shim may be selected due to "Shim Needed" is an odd size or not available. This shim will set valve clearance to the low end of acceptable range. Next is another "Expected Clearance" field. This is a calculated field to show what valve clearance should be with the shim size shown in "2nd Choice Shim" field. In the upper right hand example, the lower "Expected Clearance" field is highlighted in Red. This will happen when any of the calculated sizes fall outside of acceptable range. If value cannot be calculated the "Shim Needed" field will be blank and error will display in "Second Choice Shim" field. This will happen if an out of range clearance value is entered. The two right hand charts in screen shot do not have data entered in so there are errors shown. This should print out on 8 1/2" x 11" paper very readable. This is just an aid for shim selection. Verify Clearances if you use this after shims are installed. Gary http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/valvechartclip1.jpg 39118.xls
  12. Attached is a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet that can be used as an aid in selecting replacement valve shims. This should work for 1983 through 2009 models, I did not see any variances in the sizing charts in the service manuals. 1st sheet in file is in Metric format. 2nd sheet in file is in Inch format. I expanded upon the valve clearance charts that are in the service manuals to include the shims end in 2 and 8. The reason for this is that these shims can be reused in the bike if available. I don't believe you can buy the --2 and --8 sizes. Screen shot below shows cylinder 2 area. The only cells that are selectable are the "Shim in Now" & "Measured Clearance" data fields. The "Shim in Now" field will only accept valid shim sizes. There is a pull down menu for valid sizes or size can be keyed in. The only other value that is accepted as input is a zero. I included this to set chart to neutral setting. The "Measured Clearance" field has no error checking built in. Use millimeters on Metric sheet or inches on Inch sheet. The decimal point needs to be entered, the "mm" or "in" does not need to be entered. Below the "Measured Clearance" field is a calculated field for "Shim Needed". This field will display the correct shim size to set valve clearance to the high end of acceptable range. Next is "Expected Clearance" field. This is a calculated field to show what valve clearance should be with the shim size shown in "Shim Needed" field. Next is "2nd Choice Shim" field. This field will display the next larger size shim that will work. This shim may be selected due to "Shim Needed" is an odd size or not available. This shim will set valve clearance to the low end of acceptable range. Next is another "Expected Clearance" field. This is a calculated field to show what valve clearance should be with the shim size shown in "2nd Choice Shim" field. In the upper right hand example, the lower "Expected Clearance" field is highlighted in Red. This will happen when any of the calculated sizes fall outside of acceptable range. If value cannot be calculated the "Shim Needed" field will be blank and error will display in "Second Choice Shim" field. This will happen if an out of range clearance value is entered. The two right hand charts in screen shot do not have data entered in so there are errors shown. This should print out on 8 1/2" x 11" paper very readable. This is just an aid for shim selection. Verify Clearances if you use this after shims are installed. Gary http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/valvechartclip1.jpg 39120.xls
  13. Hey everyone, I am relocating the TCI on top of the Air Box. My ride an 89 Venture. I rerouted the wires to allow for enough clearance, but I cannot get enough clearance to comfortably put the false tank back on without real stressing the false tank. The best fit I have gotten so far is the TCI sitting atop the airbox, ear touching the battery ( I have a little extra room in the batter box because I installed the Odesy), connectors facing the left side fairing (The AM-FM Side). If I cut the ears off the box, I think I will have it. However, I am reluctant to do this, unless I am going to be successful in my relocation. HELP anyone who has done this.
  14. Now, about this valve cover gasket being a snap to change out on my '85, the only thing that snapped was my brain. I was very pleased to see how easy it was to lift the cover, but not so happy in finding out that it would not slide out over the cam chain. About 1/4" more clearance and I would have crossed the finish line. Not to mention that I almost damaged the old gasket in the process. Am I cursed, or what?
  15. Going to go to 5 3/4 headlight for my passing lamps. They should put out a lot of light. Here's some pics of the first one mounted. May have to use one of the light bar spacers to get enough clearance but right now its very close to where it needs to be. Just have to light them up to see if they will tilt back far enough for proper aiming.
  16. I would like to install riser extensions (1.5 inches) on my RSV Midnight 2007. I found a pair at Baron Custom Accessories part # BA-7430-00. Before buying them, I would like to be sure it's perfect fit without problems. The lenght of the cables, clearance with the ignition chrome ring when the steering is turned full left or right ... Please answer me and let me know the best risers I have to install without problem and modification. Thank's Ti-Lou Mont-Laurier, Québec, Canada