Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Just paid my yearly fee, best $12 bucks I ever spent on a motorcycle,, Thank guys, this is a great site
  2. Last Friday I finally completed the 87MKII 1st gen and got it back on the road. It's been on the center stand for about a year while I worked all of the known bugs out of it. At first I had a performance issue with old gas at the bottom of the tank but after running the tank dry and filling with fresh gas, then adjusting the idle it seems to be running great. I haven't had a chance to put a lot of miles on it yet to evaluate if the 4200 rpm stutter has completely disappeared. But, so far there has been no sign of it. I'm also expecting the 26MPG issue to have greatly improved. I'll report after a tank of gas or two has been spent. As always I would like to express my profound and sincere thanks, gratitude and pride in this forum and all of it's distinguished members that have graciously assisted me directly and indirectly in this on-going Labor-of-love. That assistance has been in the forms of advice, technical knowledge and support, donation of needed parts, well written and timely technical articles, friendships and camaraderie. And, so much more impossible to express in my limited use of the language, and without tearing up. Within the next few days it will be time for me to detail, service and return the 07 Midnight Venture That I have been riding for the past two years. That bike has been on loan to me by another true and valued friend who has generously allowed me to use it as it was my own. Now it is time to get him reacquainted with his bike since not riding for the past two years. Hopefully, I can encourage him to join and become involved in this forum. I know because of the type of person he is, and the nature of the people on this forum that he will find a motorcycle home here in doing so. As I have. I'm sure that he will soon discover as we all have, that it will be the best $12.00 that can be spent.
  3. we made it home from the meet. had a great time. we had a good turn out. great bunch of people and lots of commeraderie. wild hare came down and spent sunday with us. i want to thank buddy for putting on a great meet we had alot of fun.
  4. I spent $500 on a course on re-incarnation. I know it's a lot of money but, what the heck, you only live once right?
  5. After reinstalling the forks and top triple tree clamp I can't find the harness end of the ignition plug. It's red and should stand out like Santa Claus at the beach but I've spent over an hour poking around in there and could not find it. Where should I look for the harness end?
  6. Guest

Made it to San Antonio

OK, going on our 3rd week here. Getting things fixed up, resolving a couple of problems and trying to get shelter for the bike squared away. We've been able to get out a bit, but most of the time has been spent working on the property and house. Buddy's been a big help and I try not to hurt him too much. Anyone wanna come visit, the coffee is on.
  7. Spent the day on the range requalifying with the glock......good for another year....only 4 more years to go then ...30 years is a long long time....
  8. Well, Dang!!! My 20 year old daughter was just offered a position with her current company to do a remodel at one of their stores there. Looks like the possiblity of a long term position. Now I haven't spent any time in Windy in 25 years but I have no really fond memories of the place, traffic or anything else. Sorry. Maybe it was just me and the business I was in. I spent most my time there in Cook Country Court representing transportation companies. So for anyone familiar with that area these days, what's the area like now. Open to any and all feedback. Anything that will make me feel at least a little bit supportive of her new position offer because right now I'm not feeling it. Being a single Dad to tough sometimes. Mike
  9. Does anyone know if/where fender/stone guards are available to fit the Hannigan trike? I've spent a few minutes searching and I can find them for every trike kit but Hannigan. I spent an hour this morning washing the trike and cleaning bug guts off the bike. I'd like to avoid gravel chips and such to the paint job.
  10. I spent the day doing some delayed maintenance on Brownie after a long winter of bike rehab. After the slide I put her thru last fall, she spent most of the winter in a Body shop getting a fresh makeover on the left side. Today i checked over most areas of the bike and changed oil, and used pledge or some form of polish on almost every area of the bike. I think Brownie is looking fine and she is ready for another year of riding. brian
  11. ok i just spent my 12 bucks
  12. Well.... I've taken tomorrow off for a three day weekend. Tomorrow will be spent bringing my wheel and tire to the shop to have a new rear tire put on. The rest of the weekend will be spent riding. (I Hope). I think I've narrowed it down between the Dunlop D404 and The Shinko 777. Any thoughts on these or should I be looking at something different all together? I'm really leaning towards the Dunlop but just thought I'd pop in for a few varied opinions. Hope ya'll are doing great! Happy trails! Jay
  13. Jeff I wanted to say thanks for all the support and encouragement you gave me on going to school. Three more weeks of theory and then we get into the labs and actually use tools on bikes. I am starting to understand the reason for some of the stuff you showed me. I noticed your post on the Wing. I hope that Honda does as well for you as you have done for so many of us. I don't think Ft Knox has enough gold reserves to repay you for all the time, miles, and sweat you have spent bailing some of us out of our maintenance woes.
  14. With Halloween just around the corner, I thought that this video was kind of neat. Now just think about this. A member recently spent about $200 for an LED upgrade of his rear lighting - tail light and signal lights. Just imagine what this guy must have spent! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAXMtUCcp7o]Halloween Light Show 2011 - This Is Halloween - YouTube[/ame] Andy
  15. Well I have spent most of the night working on the old bike. I have repaired wires that have been mouse chewed, lubed the speedo cable, flushed the coolant system, have the radiator ready for the shop to pressure test it and make any repairs it may need, have searched for any signs of leaks, pulled the tci out and cleaned it have it ready to reinstall above the battery/air-box. All the connectors have been separated and cleaned then greased with dialectic grease and reassembled. I do not know if I am missing anything or not, actually sure I am, but this was superposed to be a quick fix bike. Like that ever happens. If anyone can think of other common areas that I need to check out before I reassemble thoughts and ideas would be welcome. I will also say that the $12 I spend for this sight has been the best money spent to date. Thank You, Shaun
  16. Put new graphics on the bike, It really looks good.Hundred bucks well spent. Now I need to find out the member who does the windshield leather work.......Ron
  17. As of 8:00 PM EDT Sunday October 31st we are the proud owners of a '91 Two-Tone Blue Venture Royale. I rode the bike home in the dark on I-95. Since this is my first touring bike, the term " white-knuckles" comes to mind. The biggest issues was head light glare from behind. Those mirrors are killers. Too bad they can't be adapted to one of my telescopes... Spent the morning tweaking stuff and getting accquainted. Went to take the bike for a short ride, stalled it and it wouldn't start. That's what I get for playing with the radio, CB, and all the pretty lights.... Put in on a tender and left it. Things like this happen for a reason... GF got the insurance, tags and title squared away so the day wasn't completely wasted. Tomorrow will be spent fine tuning the carbs (idle and mixtures) (BTDT on other multi-carb metrics) and getting ergonomics sorted out. Looking forward to a better ride tomorrow. Ride Safe Y'All...
  18. I knew you would look with that title. Muffinman left here on tuesday and he won't be home till tomorrow. He headed up to fix Riderdukes work van. He wouldn't let me go 'cause muffin said I spent enough time with the stud. So I'm here all by myself with the critter's and muffin is with riderduke. Margaret
  19. Very frustrated now. Stock seat hurts. Corbin is not much better. Now the Butler mod makes no difference to the pain in my tail bone. Quite frankly I feel like giving up and selling this bike again. A lot of money spent and I can't do much riding!!
  20. Well, not REALLY, it just feels like it. I put a set of Diamond R's leveling struts on my Venture-WOW what a change!!!! This is without doubt the BEST $100 I've EVER spent on a motorcycle (and I've spent a chunk on motorcycles over the past 40 years:grandpa:. This makes a huge difference in the way the bike handles, feels like it's lost 200 lbs at low speed. A GREAT investment (and great customer service!!!!!!
  21. Thank you Ben for all the help and work you did for me yesterday. Ben wired my bike up to pull my new trailer as well as installed some good looking Chrome Platinum Burners (from Walmart) as passing lights. We spent the whole day together working on the bike. Ben is very much a perfectionist and routed the all the wires professionally. Now when I say we spent all day working on the bike, I actually mean Ben did the work on the bike. I was his, not so helpful, go-for guy. I would like to say I learned alot, but the wiring was very confusing and I know I still would not be able to do the job. But I now know how to take off my gas tank. Ben thank you very much for all you did, and I look forward to getting out for a ride with you soon. Dave
  22. I replaced the rear tire on my 99.While I had the tire off I did all the maintenance known to mankind.My friend wanted his done also so we got started.After greasing the driveshaft we attempet to reinstall it.No go.The driveshaft wont line up with the yoke.Guess I got lucky with mine cause it went in the first try.Not so on his.We spent 2 days and still dont have the driveshaft in.We tried everything we can think of.Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated.
  23. We are back from our trip down south (for the Ulysses Club rally and AGM.) First week we spent setting up the gearshop, and second week we spent 9-5 selling the merchandise! All went well--sold $12,000 on first day, and same again on second one. Weather really hot during the week and the leg swelled badly. That wasn't the worst of it though 'cause I got sick starting in the first week!!!!! Diagnosed with (wait for it) ADULT WHOOPING COUGH have damn near coughed myself inside out Dr. said it's also called the "100 day cough" Oh, goody Geez, I would just like to deal with one thing at a time!! Hope everyone is doing okay over there, did I miss anything exciting????????
  24. You ever ask yourself that? How many times? Once in while or everytime another chance to improve it comes up? I bought my '84 back about three years ago. It had been stored for nine years by the original owners son. His Dad had passed away and he kept the bike as it was all that time. He finally posted an ad and I found it. It had parts off of it stacked in boxes and it cranked but would not start. But looking it over I saw a bike that I would have for years to come. I liked these bikes when they first came out. They were the Victory Vision of the day. Big, different. weird looking with the Star Trek dashboard. Loved or hated them. Sound familiar? But I stuck a deal the son and he trailered the bike and all it's pieces (and a service manual thank God!) the next week. My daughters jaw dropped when she saw it being rolled off the back to the trailer into my garage. "You paid money for THAT and it don't even run?" She thought I'd lost my mind. For a while there I had my doubts to. Until I got her fired up. Over the last three years of ownership I have brought the old girl back to life and enjoyed a lot of miles on her. Things have been changed ... improved .... repaired ... replaced .... or in some cases created to make things right. I have depended on this club and the "Junkyard of the Future" our beloved eBay along with the few guys here that supply parts for these bike of their own creation to find the answers and pieces to get this done. I've got Ford parts, Toyota parts, Honda parts and now even an item that originated from Germany I believe. But today I was going through my records and found, not too much to my surprise that I have spent about the same amount on the things I have done to the bike as I spent for it the day I bought. Now that includes new tires, oils and the everyday stuff along with the odds and ends of used and NOS safety chrome, parts, upgrades and mods from this site. So therefor the Question? Is this worth doing? IMHO.....Hell yes! I don't think I have hesitated more than a few seconds when a chance to impove this bike has come up. A good mod, or a NOS part that is needed, or something that made the bike more comfortable to ride on those long trips. I've had bikes in the past that I ground my teeth dull deciding if I would spend a few bucks on it. Not this one for some reason. It just gets done. So seeing this club and the loyalty to these bikes...MKI...MKII...and even the 2nd gens, I know I'm not the only one out there to feel this way about these bikes. Thank God I'm not alone on this. I would sign myself up for a headshrink if I thought I was. LOL! I've been eyeballing the 2nd gens myself. But even if that happens soon the '84 will stay in the stable. It's going to be around for a long time. Even my daughter says they will have to build a ramp into my grave. So that said.......why have you guys hung onto your bikes and for how many years? Won't even go into the amount of bucks spent. We all know the answer to that. Mike The pic is from spring of '09. Still have some SS and aluminum at the fabricators. More to come.
  25. I installed by Stebel air horn today and tried it out in the garage. I'm 63 and don't need to be losing anything but boy did that horn nearly blowed out my windows and my ears. With snow on the ground I can't get out but can't wait to use it. I've been reading threads how the horn has saved venture riders and now I see why. Good money spent. Just so you know, this site has been great for someone like me; I pick up so many ideas and safety tips from all you crazies. Thanks.