Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Is there a Kawasaki forum(s) that are as good as Venture rider? I have a cousin who could benefit from having resources for his ride as we enjoy here.
  2. The largest bike dealer in our area (Sunrise Honda Yamaha Suzuki Kawasaki Polaris) has 100+ used bikes in there pre-owned showroom. I have an appointment @ 10:00 this morning to test ride a 2010 Venture, 2010 Kawasaki Voyager, and a 2012 Victory Vision. I am in the market for a full dresser, and this is an excellent opportunity to ride these bikes back to back so I can get an immediate feeling of which on I like most. I am extremely interested in seeing how the V4 compares to the two twins, and also, very curious to compare the difference between the Kawi and Victory twin powerplants. I'll post my findings........
  3. Sold the RSTD today. Actually traded it for a 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager. I've been waiting for Yamaha to hang a new fuel injected v4 on the Venture and maybe update the technology to add ABS. Alas, the old RSTD needed a bunch of maintenance all at once so I gave in and bought the new tech from Kawasaki. Picked her up tonight with zero miles and put her away with 36 miles. Have to give her the standard break in for the next 964 miles, then I'm hitting the road for Colorado. So, anybody want to buy some barely used slash cut RSTD pipes? I hung them in the shed 7 years ago and they are still there. Also found the stock seat. Make me an offer if you're interested. Warmest regards,
  4. When you first started riding street bikes? What did you ride? Me: 17yrs old, US Air Force, 1972 , Kawasaki triple...
  5. Can someone tell me if the handlebars off of a Kawasaki vulcan will fit a 06 venture?
  6. Hello all I am looking ot find a new 2008 Charcoal Silver or 2009 Sandstone/Raven RSV. I live in WV but am willing to travel some. There is a dealer about 70 miles from me that has the 2009, for $16k. Felt that was pretty high. (input please) It will be March/April time frame for my purchase, but starting to get ducks in a row now. If any of you are at your local dealer and notice one of these, please post or email me directly. My local dealers are shady at best for helping locate a bike they won't make any $$$ on. I currently ride a 2008 Kawasaki ZX-14, but can't wait to get back into the slower paced ride of life. I got rid of a Honda Sabre and Kawasaki Concours, 1st gen, when I got the 14, now I want to replace both of those with the RSV. The ZX will not leave, cause there is just something about the "go fast" aspect I can't seem to grow out of. Thanks for the anticipated help. Chris
  7. I like the looks of this bike and it has everything I would need. I tow a trailer and don't need the trunk and I think they are ugly anyway. The only thing I don't really like about it is the bags. What do you all think? http://newproductlaunch.kawasaki.com/Products/PhotosLarge.aspx?ProductId=495&PhotoId=140903&featured
  8. This question has probably been asked but I couldn't find anything searching the forum. I'm considering buying a Venture Royale or Kawasaki Voyager XII. I realize where the prejudices lie in this forum, but I would be interested in your thoughts and opinions on the two bikes. Note: If I buy the Venture, I will become a subscribing member! Thanks for you input!
  9. Thinking of getting another bike. Am looking at several 2nd gens. I came across this one . 2008 YAMAHA VENTURE FULLY DRESSED Is that a resonable price for the bike or should I keep looking. Am also thinking of going to kawasaki nomad as I had one before and no problems with it durning the 4 yeaars that I owned it. All comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill.
  10. We took one in on trade at the dealership. It has 64k miles on it. I don't know much about these bikes, but it runs good. It does need some TLC and has been in the weather some. Choke cable is broke and needs rear brake pads immediately. Don't know if anyone might be interested in it, but we'll take $2650 for it just like it sits. I did ride it in to the dealership from the customers house. If you want to see a few pics, you can go to www.huffmanmotors.com and look at inventory under kawasaki. If you have any questions about this bike, feel free to give me a call. I hope it is ok to post like this in the watering hole. If not, make it disappear. Thanks.
  11. Wanted to get some feedback on the second Gen Venture... Have had some tourers- my first bike at 18 was a 1987 Yamaha Venture Royale... Couldnt even ride it home- first time on it I dropped it in the middle of the road... lol... Good Times.. Second was a 99 Kawasaki Voyager- really liked that bike until something went crazy with the handling on the front end... Third was a 800 Suzuki Volusia- miss that one sometimes.. Third was another Kawasaki Voyager 2002 (used) -- had same issues on the front end... Had to sell... Present is a Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500.. Really nice but now its time to get married and she kinda likes to ride... The seat sucks... SO--- How many miles are to many miles for a venture?? Im thinking there is no difference between a 99 and a 09.... Unless they went fuel injection somewhere... and the seat design changed in 02... Any input appreciated.. My ideal bike would be a 2002-2006 with around 20K-30K... Also the 2000 Millenium Edition would be great also... Lower miles are the key and price range around $6000-$7000... Is it feasible... Thanks Greg Sumter, SC
  12. Here is my 1983 VR, her name is Godie! http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc128/terylsdad/Goldie2.jpg http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc128/terylsdad/Goldie4.jpg Here is my 2006 Kawasaki KLR650, her name is Greenie! http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc128/terylsdad/tires.jpg http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc128/terylsdad/Fairing3.jpg
  13. I've recently modified my 86 VR with a Voiger conversion that I found on e bay. the conversion was previously on a C 5 -Kawasaki voiger 1200. The hardware required for the change over to fit my bike cost aprox. $500 + SH. Up shot is--I have the compleat hardware and inst. book for the (B) frame Voiger to C5 Kawasaki Voiger 1200. Free to good home--U pay postage
  14. http://www.hannigantrikes.com/content/kawasakitrike.html They Just won't give up will they? *LOL* good for them!
  15. check out this discussion forum on the kawasaki site about the venture http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/92825-yamaha-royal-star-venture.html
  16. I've noticed the different looks between the cylinders on the Gen1 & Gen2 Ventures. Are the Gen2 cylinders still liquid cooled like the Gen1's? I know Kawasaki changed to only cooling the cylinder heads and not the cylinders on the 1700cc and 2000cc Vulcans for some strange reason. This is the main reason I wouldn't have a new Kawasaki. Thanks , Mike
  17. Check this out. Looks really nice. http://www.motorcycledaily.com/20september08_kawasaki2009vulcan1700voyager.htm Stuart
  18. I'm looking for a Power Commander for my Royal Star Midnight Venture 2007, if some of you had install this let me know if it's good for you. I had one on my old bike it was good, more power but it was on my Kawasaki Nomad 2003 with fuel injection. On my bike with carburators i wonder if it's good. Please give me your opinion. Thank's, Louis
  19. Guest

tracking Lowell

Lowell came through Nocona, TX today about 1300 and stopped by work to see me on his way to Denver. He was riding his Kawasaki. Just wish I could have gone too.
  20. Hey can any tell me what they think of this article for Kawasaki, making the claim that it's new Voyager is the first Japanese full Dress V-Twin? http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/2009-kawasaki-vulcan-1700-voyager-86899.html :Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to
  21. I found this on another message board and thought i would share it with you all. Went to Daytona yesterday anxious to see the new Kawasaki Voyager 1700. Kawi had one bike to show and it seemed to be the center of attention. Kawasaki seemed to have done a pretty good job on the styling and the frame mounted fairing was nicely laid out, though I didn't much care for the 1969 Chevy Camero style analog gauges. Would have like something a little more high tech but hey, that's just me. As everyone was looking it over, one guy popped open the rear trunk and commented that it was plastic and not fiberglass. Thin plastic. Also, when I sat on it, I felt like the seat was pushing me into the gas tank. I had my brother with me and he agreed that it was a good looking bike. Still no price or delivery dates. While I went there with the intent that I wanted to buy one, after seeing the real thing, I changed my mind. The manufacturing quality of this bike can be summed up in one word - cheap. Even though assembly workmanship looked good, chrome was very low quality and most likely would pit or dull in a short time. The general quality of materials was low and had a very "made in China" look. The bike was never started while I was there, so can't comment much on the engine. My personal opinion is that while the Voyager is a great looking bike and most likely would pass as a low cost alternative to a Harley or Goldwing , I would still choose a Star Venture instead for one reason - build quality. __________________
  22. I was talking to a Honda Kawasaki dealer in Rockingham NC yesterday, trying to get an idea on a price for the new voyager. Liz and I are still trying to decide between a new wing, venture or voyager. The guy told me that as of yet they don't have any more info on them than what we've already seen posted here. He also told me that the way kawasaki is acting it looks like the voyager will be released as an early 2010 model. So that pretty much puts it out of the running for me. If the dealer doesn't know anything about them, then it's pretty much out as far as we're concerned.. Also I don't know what it means, but Honda corp sent me a form to fill out concerning what went down at the store in alcoa.
  23. Did Kawasaki built the bike that Yamaha should have? http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/detail.aspx?id=379&content=details
  24. Had to laugh at this one:rotfl: The writing on the bike says Yamaha but you can never be too sure anymore. Might be a good deal for one of ours in that part of the country. Trying to get those "Kawasaki" parts to fit your Venture may be a problem tho http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories__1983-Kawasaki-Venture-Parts-Bike_W0QQitemZ380050818992QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadnZMotorcycleQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQddiZ2811QQadiZ2863QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item380050818992&_trksid=p3756.m14.l1318