Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I just bought a 1999 venture has 37K on it I'm having an issue with the front end being VERY heavy in turns, I actually push the opposite way because of the weight it's like I'm fighting it . it also SEEMS to wobble slightly whe turning sharp at very slow speeds It's hard to explain. Does not seem to be anything loose on the axle etc...rubber is Avon with plenty of tread and looks fine HELP!!!!!!!!!please!!!!!!!
  2. Hi Guys, There was a thread I found when I first got on this sight 2 months ago that explained how to determine where to look for problems in the cruise control path based on the cruise control light sequence when you turn it on. I've since not been able to find it again. If someone could direct me to it, or explain the troubleshooting sequence of the lights, it would be appreciated. Also getting about 30 MPG, no difference interstate or around town. Where do I look 1st? Thanks for all and any help. Ed
  3. Guest

help with posting

I like to see the US maps people have on their posts to show where they have been. I would like to do that also but, haven't figured it out yet. Can someone please explain how I can do this. I have plenty of time now cause I had rotator cuff surgery and I'm not supposed to ride till the end. Of July. Thanks Reno.
  4. Has anybody got a downloadable parts manual for a 2005 RSTD the people here dont do any work on this type of bike and its sometimes hard to explain over the phone the part needed much easyer to quote PT/No Thanks Terry
  5. I keep seeing "2 up" and thought it was referring to 2nd gear but not thinking so any more. Can someone explain this to me. Thank You. Shaun
  6. How does one acquire the badges associated with your forum name when you post? If that makes sense to anyone; I will be amazed but I can't think of any other way to explain it.
  7. My 83 VR serial number is 31N000 then 3 more digits just under 500 So is mine one of the first 500 ever made? That could explain a lot!
  8. This is the homecoming each of our soldiers should receive..... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr7DcJdbCS0]YouTube- Military Reunion[/ame] Thank you to the soldiers and their families for their sacrifice. Now you can explain to all your co-workers why you're blubbering.....
  9. I just installed a pair of K&N filters on my 07 RSTD and ever time I work on my bike I'm just amazed of all the thought and engineering that went into these bike. These bikes are put together well. When I traded my 08 Harley FXDL for it, I was kind of skeptical but I'm here to tell you that the Harley was not put together as well as my RSTD. I can't really explain it good enough, it's just, to me, a really fine machine and I love working on it. Does anyone else feel th:dancefool:is way? Mark
  10. Guest

Ponch Thanks

Thanks for the fast shipping of the gauges...Hats off to you on the instuctions you did keep dummies like me in mind when writing them ....Very detail and well explain...
  11. Believe it or not, we have more snow in the forecast for tonite and tomorrow. not as much as we got on Sat. but still, 3rd snow storm within a months time, someone explain how global warming is affecting this...................
  12. I have a "million" slides that I want to put on the computer. Does anyone have any experience with slide scanners? I would like to get a sturdy one, capable of scanning a multitude of slides. Appreciate any help. By the way, when I went to Best Buy to inquire about one, the salesperson (young) did not even know what a slide is...had to explain.
  13. I'm confused in the head over horsepower versus torque!! I have wondered about this for years and never got a satisfactory answer. I have read and believe I understand the definition of horsepower and what it means. I also know what torque is, how it's calculated, and what it does. My problem is when I mix these two pieces of info together in my puny little brain I get the idea that horsepower and torque should follow each other. That is..more horsepower should produce more torque. Conversely, if you need more torque, make more horsepower. Just seems reasonable to me. However, if you look at dyno results you see I am all wrong here. Typically HP increases to a certain point then starts to drop off, while torque continues to increase. This makes no sense to me at all. Can someone please explain the real relationship between the two (if any), and where my thinking goes south on me? Lucy!!!!Gu got som' 'splanin' to do!
  14. In a post someone talked about the cool wave and the new nerdy wave. I must be dumb on this one, some explain the waves to me, so I know which one I using. I just hold my hand out to the side. Gregg
  15. I've been unsuccessful by searching so here's my question. Is it possible to adjust the bars on the RSTD. All I'm looking to do is raise the grips so they're an inch or so higher than they are right now. I can't see because of the dash so hoping somebody can explain how to do this. thanks Greg
  16. Dear friends. I would like to thank all of you that attended "Maintenance Day" for your warmth and welcome you represented to me when I was in your beautiful country last June. Like I have said none of you could ever imagine how much this meant to me and how comfortable you all made me feel. I had no doubts that this club had great people but I have to say that you guys are simply the greatest ever. Everbody were so friendly and I have made so many good friends and am just overwhelmed. I lack words to explain how thankful I am and I thank God that he guided me to this club and all of you people. May you all ride safe and I hope that I will have the oppurtunity to meet you all again in the coming years. Warmest greetings from Iceland (Greenland at the moment). Jonas - StarFan
  17. Hey guys see alot of post aboout air preasure in front forks but cant find why its bad to run more than 7lbs anyone care to explain thanks
  18. Can someone please explain how to lube the control cables on a 2008 venture? I bought a repaid manual, but it does not explain this. I am sure it must be pretty simple.
  19. With the limited space on the bars, and the unlimited amount of things to put there, has anyone tried to put an accessory bar on their RSV? Texelent makes one for the GW but not for anything else. Here are a couple of pics to explain what I mean. This is the actual bar and mouting hardware, http://www3.telus.net/drbar/pics/access_bar1.jpg Here it is mounted; http://www3.telus.net/drbar/pics/access_bar2.jpg
  20. This might just explain why the sexes have diffrent out looks on life [ame=http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1059025/tale_of_two_brains/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1059025/tale_of_two_brains/[/ame]
  21. I love motorcyling a lot. That being understood, what is the big deal about the " burn out" where you blow up your rear tire. I do not understand that at all. For practical reasons, you have to buy a new tire, you have to go through the fun of putting the new tire on. I just do not get it, please explain. Thank you, Yama Mama
  22. Many thanks go out from me to you. Especially to those who helped on my bike. She is running much better now, Only a bit of low end hesitation. maybe that will work itself out with the tci box repair. Being new to the group I didn't understand the rules at the dairy queen, so Muffiman and minimuffin the next round is on me. Sorry about that. Now as for Jeff my great appreciation goes out to you as you not only took your time to work on my bike but you also took the time to explain to me how ,why, and what you were doing .Thank you very much. This was a great expierience for me as i felt welcome from the start. So to all whop were there, thanks and I'm looking forward to the next ride hat I can make. David
  23. AFTER THREE AND ONE HALF WEEKS THE SILVER BEAST IS HOME....YEP,SHES HOME...NEW I BASKET, ALL ELECTRICAL WRAPPED WITH RF TAPE,AND A NEW REAR SHOCK..ALL ON YAMAHA..I LOVE THIS WARANTEE..RODE THE FORTY MILES HOME FROM THE DEALERS LIKE A PEACOCK STRUTTING HIS STUFF..CHURP IS GONEEEEEEEEE.... YES GONE...AAHHHHHH IM WHOLE AGAIN......GOT HOME BEFORE IT STARTED TO POUR,THEN AGAIN I DIDNT CARE IF IT POURED ON ME ,AS LONG AS I GOT THE BEAST HOME...BEEN STARRING AT IT FOR THE LAST HALF HOUR....YES, I AM WHOLE AGAIN..NO MORE DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY I CANT GO RIDING .....AH YES THE BEAST IS HOME...ALL NEW FLUIDS,EVERY NUT AND BOLT CHECKED AND TIGHTENED..READY TO RENEW THE RIDING SEASON..GET OUT OF MY WAY HERE I COME......ER..WELL AS SOON AS IT STOPS RAINING.......
  24. Strange things are happening! I was on the Meijer website to order photos of our new granddaughter. I knew I only had one folder that I had downloaded. When I got on there , I saw a photo of a motorcycle trailer. Well, we do not have a trailer, so I open up the folder and I found photos of this couples vacation to Colorado. The odd thing was this couple own a black cherry Venture. I just wondered if anybody knows them and if they are members here. I know they are Star Members and they live in Texas. They could PM me and I will be glad to explain why I have their photos, but actually I cannot explain it.
  25. Please forgive me....I'm new to venture Rider so this is a repeat post (I originally posted it in the watering hole) Greetings all, So I've seen several ventures without the trunk and I kinda like the look. Before I attempt the eight bolt modification I was wondering if anyone in here has already removed the trunk and if so can you share some pics with me and explain the process?? I plan on putting on an aftermarket seat but leave the antennas in place so I still get good reception...any thoughts would be great! ....and yes my wife might not enjoy the ride as much but if it's a long trip I'll need the trunk anyway and back on it would go. Dave