IGNORED

My new favorite toy.......

uhfradarwill

I've shot compound for a very long time but am just now trying traditional recurve archery.

Currently, compared to my compound results, I suck but can hit my bag at 35 yards every time.

It's a Samick Sage one piece, 60" at 40 pounds.

Who needs sights lol.

Cheers

Sage_recurve.jpg

I have three or four of them and have taken a few deer with them but my go to bow is a compound.

I am with Roller,, I always LOVED shootin instinctive and took great joy in shooting Bear Recurves (could never bring myself to let go of the big money for a Black Widow :bighug: back in the day) but when killing time came, I grabbed my Compound cause I was always more accurate with it and despised chasing/tracking wounded White Tail any more then I had to..

That Samick is one BEAUTIFUL arrow flinger though there Radar :178:!! CONGRATS:guitarist 2::happy34::happy65:

I am with Roller,, I always LOVED shootin instinctive and took great joy in shooting Bear Recurves (could never bring myself to let go of the big money for a Black Widow :bighug: back in the day) but when killing time came, I grabbed my Compound cause I was always more accurate with it and despised chasing/tracking wounded White Tail any more then I had to..

That Samick is one BEAUTIFUL arrow flinger though there Radar :178:!! CONGRATS:guitarist 2::happy34::happy65:

Funny that you mentioned the Black Widow. That is what I used for hunting when not using the compound.

Speaking recurves.. quick pic of Puc's Recurve Training School back when da youngens was youngens... The baseball bats worked pretty good too,, a primitive tool but very effective :missingtooth:

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116656https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116657https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116658

Hey Puc. I see you still have the same hair style. :stickpoke:

I'm settling into that same style myself!!

I never could get the hang of shooting instinctive. I have to have an aim reference to even get close past 15 yards.

I've got a rag bag around 2.5'x2.5' setup at 35 yards. I can't group that well yet but I can hit the bag every time.

I'm a total newb with recurves.

I've got a rag bag around 2.5'x2.5' setup at 35 yards. I can't group that well yet but I can hit the bag every time.

I'm a total newb with recurves.

At the club that I use to belong to we had a 20 YD indoor range. There would be anywhere from 5 to 20 people show up for a shoot but when it was over we would play a game of SMASH. That is one would shoot at any target and then two at a time would shoot at the same target until everyone had shot. This went on for three rounds. We saved our bad arrows for this game.

At the club that I use to belong to we had a 20 YD indoor range. There would be anywhere from 5 to 20 people show up for a shoot but when it was over we would play a game of SMASH. That is one would shoot at any target and then two at a time would shoot at the same target until everyone had shot. This went on for three rounds. We saved our bad arrows for this game.

That sounds cool. I'd be like if I can't hit the 10 I'll make sure no one does. The linebacker approach to archery.