IGNORED

New User - New RSTD Head

Beardyspice

Just got the title (after all kinds of hoops and red tape) to the 2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe that I got from my dad for my 30th birthday. It’s a beauty. Only 7000 miles. I’ve had it for 5 months. This is the bike I learned to ride on during summers in college. And now it’s mine. I’ve been digging into the forum for the last few days and have gotten some great info: squeaky brakes, seat that hurts my butt (Airhawk is in the mail), etc.

Any advice for a new convert?

2F9DF58B-8806-40E5-ABBE-8A6858885CC3.jpg

EDBA8BBF-133D-4F78-894B-43935E5ACEE4.jpg

89469EF2-2E4F-4433-B182-4BA142DCE896.jpeg

Ride it and enjoy it. Its a great bike. I just traded my 06 in. I enjoyed it for 13 years and 56 ,000 miles

I only had 2 issues with it the entire time. the fuel pump,the rear shock went Both were under warranty at the time.

Other than that problem free

Put a Battery tender on it. The battery will last a few extra years

I have a nice Mustang Seat in the garage if it turns out you want an upgrade.

Nice bike, Love the color

Be safe and Enjoy It.

I very much might be. How much are you looking to get for it? Could you send a pic? Thanks for the welcome.

Ride it and enjoy it. Its a great bike. I just traded my 06 in. I enjoyed it for 13 years and 56 ,000 miles

I only had 2 issues with it the entire time. the fuel pump,the rear shock went Both were under warranty at the time.

Other than that problem free

Put a Battery tender on it. The battery will last a few extra years

I have a nice Mustang Seat in the garage if it turns out you want an upgrade.

Nice bike, Love the color

Be safe and Enjoy It.

Thanks! Riding around Atlanta is a bear. When you ride do you usually go north to the mountains? I'm in Mableton and dont mind riding out west and north.

Also, honestly, Georgia was a cake walk, it was getting everything I needed from South Carolina where it came from that was a pain.

Greetings from a fellow Atlantan.

Beautiful bike. Glad you got the title sorted out!

Bill

Nice looking bike. For the seat that hurts, you can try Rick Butler for a fix on it. OH BTW WELCOME to the club you will like it here.

I don't think Rick Butler does it any longer. I tried reaching out to him last winter never got response.

PS: Great looking bike. I like the color.

Thanks! Riding around Atlanta is a bear. When you ride do you usually go north to the mountains? I'm in Mableton and dont mind riding out west and north.

Also, honestly, Georgia was a cake walk, it was getting everything I needed from South Carolina where it came from that was a pain.

Riding in Atlanta IS indeed a bear. Where I live it is a 30 or 40 minute ride before I'm out of the city/suburbs/traffic. But yeah....I typically go up north towards Lake Lanier.

From Mableton you shouldn't have to go far for some nice riding.