IGNORED

Thinking out of the box here... so enter with caution

Eck

I am trying to imagine here two things.

(1) I am out on the road and I have either a flat or my bike breaks down or maybe even an accident.

It would take me a LONG time (or a friend helping me) using a cell phone to pull up VR.Org and go through the VR family names and profiles of all, looking for someone in that area who can help me.

(2) I'm not on the road, but just need a helping hand with tools and or maybe someone better technically that I am and could use some help.

So this is what I am leaning towards (asking) in my thoughts:

Is there a way where we could create a list containing only those members who are willing to offer their service to others, like changing / balancing tires and who would offer a trailer in case of a breakdown on the road, and technical help?

It would be nice where members could "copy" this list & paste it say, on a word document, then print it out and keep it handy on our bikes at all times to help our selves or others riding with us.

Now I know that we already have this info within the profile pages of many VR members, but what I'm asking is, if there is a way to "combine" all that info into a master list containing those Names, towns/ states they live in, the services they offer and a contact number.

I imagine it would take manual updating and I am willing to offer that help in keeping it updated.

Maybe there is an easy way to look up this information already and I am just plain ignorant on how to. If so, please someone ..school me. :confused24:

We've had it for a long time my friend. It's called the VR Assistance List. Just click on "Community" and then "VR Assistance".

It is also sortable by most of the headers. In other words, click on "State/Province" if you want it sorted that way or "Name" if you want it sorted by members names and etc.

Unlike our old list which I could never keep up with, this one updates automatically and immediately when members choose to add their information. They simply edit their profile. Select "YES" to VR Assistance and select the services that they are willing to provide. Once they save their profile, it is automatically added to the list.

Edited by Freebird

OK

Since you want to get "Out of the box"

Do we have someone on this forum that knows how to develop an app so that with just the push of a button on your smart phone it will use your current location and then be able to access the master list on this site to get the closest persons info for the help that you need. This way once set up it would require no extra manual input to maintain.

Well you asked for it......

Eck, you can sort it any way you like. If you want to sort by "city", just click on "city". Then it will be alphabetical by city and you should be able to find all that live in Nashville easy enough. Just sort it the way you want and then print each page if you want a hard copy.

Eck, you can sort it any way you like. If you want to sort by "city", just click on "city". Then it will be alphabetical by city and you should be able to find all that live in Nashville easy enough. Just sort it the way you want and then print each page if you want a hard copy.

That's what I was looking for Don. Many thanks...

I didn't know it could be sorted by city or state. That is exactly what I want to do make a copy and keep it on the bike!

Again, many thanks sir!

OK

Since you want to get "Out of the box"

Do we have someone on this forum that knows how to develop an app so that with just the push of a button on your smart phone it will use your current location and then be able to access the master list on this site to get the closest persons info for the help that you need. This way once set up it would require no extra manual input to maintain.

Well you asked for it......

That would be great Jeff and I'm sure it could be done but it's way out of my league.

By the way, that link works ONLY for supporting members. It will return a "not authorized" message for all visitors, trial members, etc. Due to the fact that our supporting members have person info entered there, it is only accessible by other supporting members. Same reason that member profiles are only viewable by supporting members.