Bongobob's Hanigan Trike

Marcarl

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whoever buys this trike, please be careful driving it if you never drove a trike before. Trike will fight you in curves, even

with E-Z Steer. Get some experience before you open it up. Good luck!

Your absolutely right if you try to ride it like that two wheeler you've been riding for the last 40 years. It'll fight you every inch of the way, and old habits are hard to break sometimes. Instead of leaning to the left to go left, you lean to the right to go left.... More so at lower speeds and harder cornering. One of the things I did when going from a two to a three is while just sitting in the saddle I lean in both directions a couple of times... Tells my well trained 2 wheel brain that I'm not gonna fall over and go boom....... :-) It also makes it easier to push the bar instead of pulling....

If I am not mistaken all the E-Z steer consists of is a kit to increase fork rake angle. That said it would seem to me that what E-Z steer in affect does is to increase caster angle and there by make it easier to maintain the straight ahead handling of the bike but as is common with increased caster or fork angle the trade off is cornering ability and increased steering effort in the corners, specially at high speed. so yes cornering should be done leisurely not rally style. Now in Bobs case he does have a wide rear axle so this should help stabilize it in the corners

Auction is now closed.

Congratulations, Jim Parks aka Sylvester.

OPPPPPS,,, yep a big opPPPPPPs!!!!!!

I didn't do that right. Failed miserably!!!! That would be called a major screwup!!!!

Jim did not make an offer or bid to buy this trike.

Now for the next step, and that will be sometime Sunday.

Congratulations Jim. Keep us posted on what you needed to do to make it yours,,,, :thumbsup2:

OPPPPPS,,, yep a big opPPPPPPs!!!!!!

I didn't do that right. Failed miserably!!!! That would be called a major screwup!!!!

Jim did not make an offer or bid to buy this trike.

Now for the next step, and that will be sometime Sunday.

OK I take it all back.....Sorry Jim.. So who can I congratulate??? :think::think::think::think:

• 1 month later...
Saw this posting today, and it made me think of detailing on Bongo's trike.

I used oven cleaner and it worked great ! Put some on...let it sit for a minute then wiped it off and the pin striping came off too
Easy Off oven cleaner followed with super fine polishing compound. The easy off will not harm painted surfaces but the paint used for lettering is sign paint which is easily removed with oven cleaner. Before decals became the norm for putting company names on the sides of trucks, sign painting and pin-stripping was all done by hand and this was the standard way of removing it. There are days I wish it was still this way since I found removing the sign paint a lot easier than some of the decals I have to remove these days.

Edited by saddlebum

• 2 weeks later...

I have spent the last 2 hrs trying to type this post and I'm at a loss for words as we are all at a loss of a friend. My heart sank when I seen this thread, i was looking forward to talking to Bob again, I guess that will have to wait. I'm still at a loss for words

Easy Off oven cleaner followed with super fine polishing compound. The easy off will not harm painted surfaces but the paint used for lettering is sign paint which is easily removed with oven cleaner. Before decals became the norm for putting company names on the sides of trucks, sign painting and pin-stripping was all done by hand and this was the standard way of removing it. There are days I wish it was still this way since I found removing the sign paint a lot easier than some of the decals I have to remove these days.

WOW stainless steel polish and cleaner works great to spray it on and wipe it's better than goo be gone or goof off. Can be found in home depot or Lowe's I use it to take stickers off of restaurant hoods.