IGNORED

Very sad news.....

Freebird

Folks, it hurts me more than I can say to have to report this news but it has to be done. We lost one of our longest and most active members today. Yammer Dan has forever left our group and this world. I don't have all the details yet but understand that he had, at long last, found and purchased a trike somewhere down in Tennessee. He, his wife, and his son or son in law drove down to get it. Yammer paid for the trike and headed home and I understand only made it about 4 miles when something happened. It is very unclear right now but it is possible that he had some type of medical condition that possibly caused him to come off the trike.

It is with such a heavy heart that I report this sad news. Yammer has had more than his share of bad luck over the past few years. More than many people could take. I understand that he was so very excited that he had finally found a good deal on the trike of his dreams and was so very excited about surprising all of us at Maintenance Day. Yammer was the first to admit that he was generally a loner and did not easily take to groups of any kind but he had found a group within VentureRiders that he felt accepted and comfortable with. I am so thankful for that and that we were able to count him amongst our many friends.

There will be more posted as more is learned but for now, please keep his wife and family in your thoughts and if you are so inclined to do so, please say a prayer for the entire family. I will miss him. I'm sure that many of you will as well.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan had contacted me a couple days ago about a Venture Trike that he had found near Middlesboro, KY, just on the Tennessee side. He was so afraid that he might loose the sale that I offered to go give the guy a deposit to hold it, but after talking to the guy he was told that he would hold it for him. We even talked about me meeting him there for a quick visit, as I am two hours away, but I was in the process of replacing the water pump on my Miata.

In a conversation with his wife, she said that when they picked up the bike that she was in front and their son-in-law was behind and that they had only gone about four miles and he drifted into the guardrail and he went over it and the trike continued on and never turned over. They talked to him for a few minutes and then EMS showed up and they Medevacked him to Knoxville, TN.

Dan was so excited about getting this bike and had probably been awake for 24 hours by the time they had gotten down there from West Virginia. He had been complaining about a buzzing in his head and headaches and I wonder if that may have been part of it.

There is no doubt that Yammer will be missed on here. He was a very special character.

Randy

Edited by Venturous Randy

Prayers for Dan and his family. I was really looking forward to meeting him at MD. I never met him but had a good time bantering back and forth over basketball. I owe him a cup of coffee from a basketball bet that I was looking forward to settling. RIP Dan.

Folks, it hurts me more than I can say to have to report this news but it has to be done. We lost one of our longest and most active members today. Yammer Dan has forever left our group and this world. I don't have all the details yet but understand that he had, at long last, found and purchased a trike somewhere down in Tennessee. He, his wife, and his son or son in law drove down to get it. Yammer paid for the trike and headed home and I understand only made it about 4 miles when something happened. It is very unclear right now but it is possible that he had some type of medical condition that possibly caused him to come off the trike.

It is with such a heavy heart that I report this sad news. Yammer has had more than his share of bad luck over the past few years. More than many people could take. I understand that he was so very excited that he had finally found a good deal on the trike of his dreams and was so very excited about surprising all of us at Maintenance Day. Yammer was the first to admit that he was generally a loner and did not easily take to groups of any kind but he had found a group within VentureRiders that he felt accepted and comfortable with. I am so thankful for that and that we were able to count him amongst our many friends.

There will be more posted as more is learned but for now, please keep his wife and family in your thoughts and if you are so inclined to do so, please say a prayer for the entire family. I will miss him. I'm sure that many of you will as well.

"Oh, so sorry to have read this post...my condolences to his family at this time...wow...".

Might I ask how old the member was?

For all of us reading...this proves...that 'tomorrow' is ONLY a promise...enjoy every moment of Life, today! So sorry to have had to read this...maybe he is right now...--->riding that new trike up to the very Gates...where there is no rust, nor corruption. God bless his journey! Happy rides, Dan!

Joe

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

Not the news I was wanting to hear. Was hoping that Dan was going to find a good trike that he could ride, that he could sell the rest of his scoots (am I a dreamer), and then take it easy and enjoy other things in his life. I was also concerned for his little brother, and praying that that issue would get proper attention.

I guess at this point we need to continue to hold his family in our prayers, for well being and for comfort and guidance for the future.

praying for Dan's family and so very sorry to hear about Dan, was looking forward to seeing him at Asheville we will take a ride for Dan because I know he will still be with us in spirit and hopefully riding right along.

So sorry to here this very sad news. Dan was a great guy and I allways looked forward to see him at maintence day. Been meaning to stop down his way and bull**** a bit since I'm down his way for work quite a bit. God rest Dan and prayers sent to his family. he will be missed. Let us all know if theres anything we can do.