IGNORED

Vogel 2019

Woody

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

It may depend on what brand of headset you have. I know that with J&M and most others the cord is two piece and you can order a new lower cord for different bikes. Example, my Star Venture uses the same cord as the Harley and still had the cords from when I owned my Road Glide. They work fine on the Star Venture.

Edited by Freebird

My 1st 1st Gen came with headsets and cords.. Will those cords work on this modern stuff? @Woody, can you snap a pic of the plug-in on the upper cord and on where the lower cord plugs into your scoot? I may be able to set you up for free!

It may despond on what brand of headset you have. I know that with J&M and most others the cord is two piece and you can order a new lower cord for different bikes. Example, my Star Venture uses the same cord as the Harley and still had the cords from when I owned my Road Glide. They work fine on the Star Venture.

I did not realize that the new venture was the same, I checked with J&M once before. Good information though

My 1st 1st Gen came with headsets and cords.. Will those cords work on this modern stuff? Woody, can you snap a pic of the plug-in on the upper cord and on where the lower cord plugs into your scoot? I may be able to set you up for free!

Thanks Puc, I don't think they will and yes I will snap a picture. I might need to start another thread or maybe just hijack this one, I'll talk to myself about it :rotfl:

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116832https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116833

Hey Puc thanks for the help, I didn't have time earlier today to finish. Storms rolling through and lights blinking so I shut the old puter down

Looks great @Woody,, perfect shots! I will dig around here and see what I can come up with.. Been a LONGGGG time since I seen the cords for ours (they came with our 1st 1st Gen back in 87 that was the only Royale I have owned), I am almost positive I know where they are, will dig em out and see what I got.. You need just one or is the passenger cord that you have in just as bad as shape?

I may be mistaken, but I believe the 1st and 2nd gen Ventures used a 5 pin plug cord. The same as older GW. Harley used that for awhile too. But somewhere along 2010 or so GW and HD went to 7 pin.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116832https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116833

Hey Puc thanks for the help, I didn't have time earlier today to finish. Storms rolling through and lights blinking so I shut the old puter down

I may be mistaken, but I believe the 1st and 2nd gen Ventures used a 5 pin plug cord. The same as older GW. Harley used that for awhile too. But somewhere along 2010 or so GW and HD went to 7 pin.

Well,, I've been scouring the upstairs in my garage and unfortunately my cords were not where I thought they were,,,,, must have given em away to another lop eared CTFW varmint along lifes trail.. I did find my old headsets though and can verify that what DJ is talking about is spot on. Those old units were indeed 5 pin so at least know we know now what wont work. My apologies @Woody, I honestly thought we were onto something.. Oh well,, we tried :happy34:

DSCN0265.JPGDSCN0266.JPGDSCN0267.JPGDSCN0268.JPGDSCN0269.JPG