So my side stand cracked and didn't completely brake because my leg just happened to be there to stop Lucy from going all the way down. Was wondering about things to check when replacing the stand. What else could be worn or bent? What other parts might need to be replaced? Can the stand be repaired or do I have to replace it? Where is a good place to get a new one? As it is now, just the lower ear (I guess that would be what it is called) is cracked and the top ear is bent.

There are a bunch of them on ebay right now.

just search for it by P/N. 26H-27311-01-R4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-1983-1984-1987-1988-VENTURE-83-93-ROYALE-KICKSTAND-SIDE-KICK-STAND/132483012641?hash=item1ed89a5821:g:H5oAAOSww-BaapGi

There have been several posts in the last couple of months warning people to check this before it breaks.

Edited by Flyinfool

There are a bunch of them on ebay right now.

just search for it by P/N. 26H-27311-01-R4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-1983-1984-1987-1988-VENTURE-83-93-ROYALE-KICKSTAND-SIDE-KICK-STAND/132483012641?hash=item1ed89a5821:g:H5oAAOSww-BaapGi

There have been several posts in the last couple of months warning people to check this before it breaks.

I have inspected mine and can't find anything visually wrong but sometimes it feels like it's leaning quite a ways and you all are making me paranoid now! How much lean is normal? When I put the kickstand down and lean it over till it makes contact with the ground the only motion that takes place is the rising of the bike when I get off of it and the suspension goes to its resting position. There is no movement outward or wiggling at the joint. Well, other than the spring load that allows it to move towards the bike or ground when I push on it but no outward movement which would cause a tip over . Can I assume it's solid?5bf2936c4428f16d89b22a2f80b889c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have inspected mine and can't find anything visually wrong but sometimes it feels like it's leaning quite a ways and you all are making me paranoid now! How much lean is normal? When I put the kickstand down and lean it over till it makes contact with the ground the only motion that takes place is the rising of the bike when I get off of it and the suspension goes to its resting position. There is no movement outward or wiggling at the joint. Well, other than the spring load that allows it to move towards the bike or ground when I push on it but no outward movement which would cause a tip over . Can I assume it's solid?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Short answer is NOPE.

To check the side stand, put the bike on the center stand, then lower the side stand and see if there is up and down play in it. You will not feel any movement with the weight of the bike on it.

Doing the bolt mod is cheap and easy insurance.