IGNORED

Why are my photos rotating 1/4 turn counter clockwise

Every time I upload a photo it shows up 1/4 turn counter clockwise so the instead of the photo showing the subject straight up it shows the subject on its left side.

I must be missing some setting somewhere but for the life of me I can't seem to find any setting that will correct the photos from rotating after I upload them.

What am I doing wrong?

My computer is a iMac the latest model (2017). The photos were taken with an iPhone 8Plus. The photos are being uploaded from the iMac to the site and on both the phone and the iMac they are not rotated when you open them.

The only rotate that 1/4 turn counter clockwise on this site after they have been uploaded.

Are you using Tapatalk or lightbox? If so, check their settings. Usually pictures are imported at their shot(native) settings. But since the site prefers smaller images, during processing to a smaller size this may have happened. Other than that, I don't know....you would have to talk to the boss... @Freebird.

To be honest, I really don't know. It has happened to other people before. I THINK it has something to do with the way a picture is taken with your phone. Orientation between landscape mode and normal. I know that people have emailed me some pictures before and when I open them up on my computer, make sure they are correctly orientated, and then save it and send it back, it works as it should.

To be honest, I really don't know. It has happened to other people before. I THINK it has something to do with the way a picture is taken with your phone. Orientation between landscape mode and normal. I know that people have emailed me some pictures before and when I open them up on my computer, make sure they are correctly orientated, and then save it and send it back, it works as it should.

The photo I posted above was taken with the phone upright like a normal photo would be taken. I can't figure it out, maybe I will try rotating a photo 1/4 turn clockwise before posting it, in fact I will do that right here in this post.

fullsizeoutput_108.jpg

LOL, I rotated the photo clockwise 1/4 turn in the apple photo program and now it posted it 1/4 clockwise like the way it is saved on my computer.

I don't know. Let me try rotating it back in the photo program and post it a second time.

KAGXJRiRTlWyy6pQmXK70g.jpg

For some reason it just won't post my photo upright, if I rotate it 1/4 turn to the right it posts the photo 1/4 turn to the right, if I post the photo straight up it posts the photo 1/4 turn to the left.

Oh well it is one of the mysteries of the internet.

Are you rotating it on your phone or your computer?

When I take sideways pics on my phone I have to open then on my computer in Photoshop, rotate them the right way and save it. then they will come on the forums the right way. But then I do have Android and Windows so my oranges might not apply to your apples.

I don't know it is strange now that I see the photo the way it is on my computer and phone when I open it on them.

LOL.

Let me try posting it upside-down to see what happens.

fullsizeoutput_110.jpg

I can seem to post the photo sideways right and left and upside down but for some reason I can't post it right side up.

Are you rotating it on your phone or your computer?

When I take sideways pics on my phone I have to open then on my computer in Photoshop, rotate them the right way and save it. then they will come on the forums the right way. But then I do have Android and Windows so my oranges might not apply to your apples.

I take the photos upright on the phone, and they display correctly on the phone and the computer.

Must be something with Apple and the forum software that are not working together.

fullsizeoutput_116.jpg

Ok this time I went into the phone and rotated the photo and then I went back into the computer and rotated the photo back to right side up from the earlier attempts and this time it posted correct.

When I take photos on my phone they are automatically downloaded onto the computer as well. weird.

Here is what I posted in another thread with the same issue.

I just recently ran into the same issue on another site. The easy explanation I found was that the software for either your phone or camera isn't compatible with the software the website uses to display your pics. So on your phone or camera when it takes the picture it either saves it as a portrait or landscape image. When you download the photo the software on the site doesn't know the orientation, so it chooses how it thinks it should be displayed. So in your case it chose the opposite orientation from what your phone or camera used. One solution is open the pic in any image software and save the file as a Jpeg file, even though it's probably already a Jpeg and it will always display in the same orientation. I use Windows Paint to open and then save my pics to a Jpeg file and it seems to work fine. I also did this with your pics and saved it in all 4 rotational positions. Hope this helps.......

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

KAGXJRiRTlWyy6pQmXK70g.jpg

There is something that the forum software and the apple software just don't like with each other, I posted a photo taken with my old blackberry phone that is on the apple computer and it as well posted it 45 degrees to the left.

It is something apple does that the forum software just does not like and it rotates the photo 45 degrees.

I don't know. All my phones are Iphones, 6, 7, and 10. My computer is a Macbook Pro. I have no issues with the photos. What I do that could make the difference though is that I always email the pictures to myself and then resize them on the Mac before uploading them. Some have said if you simply open the picture, save it even if you don't make any changes, then upload it that it works properly. I do it to resize them but they always appear with the correct orientation.