IGNORED

A few impressions and a ?

As I mentioned awhile back, I recently had my carbs synched, rear drive serviced, head bearings serviced and adjusted and new Metz Commanders installed. I love how the Metz track and the twisties are a WHOLE lot more fun. The bike leans itself into the turns (or so it seems) and all of the wobble is gone. Low rpm power is much improved and the bike is very pleassurable at all speeds.

A problem though. Reat tire has a slow leak. About 5lbs per week.

When we pulled the tire off the rear, it was full of green Slime. What a mess. I have inspected the rear tire and found no nails etc. Ran soapy water all around tire and rim, and checked the valve stem. No apparent leaks. Because the PO had installed Slime, I am suspicious of a leaking rim.

Anybody with experience with this sort of problem and any easy fixes short of wheel replacement? Will Ride-On work for this type of problem?

DJ

:confused24:

Guest longtrain59

My experience with Green Slime is that it will corrode the alloy wheel and cause leaks around the tire bead. I won't use it any more. It takes a while to clean up and polish the inside of the wheel. This corrosion may be what you are dealing with.

Thanks for all your thoughts on this. I was really trying to get a fix without pulling the rear wheel again, but is sounds like probably not the best idea.

Having read alot of the posts about Ride-On I was thinking about putting some in both tires as I now know what a low tire feels like at speed. I have to imagine that a flat or blowout would be real scary.

Thanks,

DJ