IGNORED

New to the forum

Okay, first off I am new. I do not own a Venture, however I am looking at a new one. I currently ride a Suzuki M109R. My back isn't what is use to be, so I am looking to change.

I love the look of the Venture. The engine appears to be quit solid, and the price tag on a new one is soooo much less than a comparable motorcycle (Wing or HD.)

My question is in regards to the stereo. I see that it is still a tape deck:doh:.

Is it possible to change it out for a more up to date system?

There is an input for an external source such as an mp3 player or phone. You can also get a GPS with MP3 capabilities.. There is also a CD changer available that fits in a side bag as well as a Venture specific iPod that works with the existing sound system.. Lots of stuff to choose from..

I'm sure others will chime in as well..

That tape deck is a conversation starter. Most youngsters don't know what it is. :)

Margaret

Hey... Not only do I know what a cassette is... I actually USE mine. :rasberry:

Maybe that makes me a not-so-youngster :backinmyday:

There is an input for an external source such as an mp3 player or phone. You can also get a GPS with MP3 capabilities.. There is also a CD changer available that fits in a side bag as well as a Venture specific iPod that works with the existing sound system.. Lots of stuff to choose from..

I'm sure others will chime in as well..

Just to be a little more clear here, there is an adapter that will work with ANY iPod -- it is NOT specific to the venture. The adapter plugs into the existing audio system in place of the CD changer which gives the rider some control capabilities over the ipod from the handlebar mounted control.

There is a 3.5mm 'line in' port next to the tape deck that takes a standard 3.5mm audio cable and will run the audio through the system.

Darkhorse:

welcome to the forum. You can use aux cable by adding off the back of the cassette player the auxiliary and use that for an MP3 player which I use. You can also get a clarion CD player which fits either in the trunk or saddlebag. I use that as well. You can always add an XM or use a GPS that has SD card or satellite radio.

Actually, with a little imagination and some work, the cassette player can be made quite useful. First, you remove it from its present location, put in a box and give yourself a nice storage area. Then, you can use velcro tape to attach the cassette player to the inside of your fairing and attach a long 20 or 30 ft length of wire to it and to one of your mirror stalks. Then, the next time some daydreaming cager pulls out in front of you without looking, you can quickly detach the player and throw it at him to get his attention (Or revenge ... whatever!) and then use the length of wire to reel it back in. See? Betcha didn't think it could be that useful, did you? :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

And welcome to the forum ... we're all quite normal here ... really ... the voices have told us!!

Andy

Okay, first off I am new. I do not own a Venture, however I am looking at a new one. I currently ride a Suzuki M109R. My back isn't what is use to be, so I am looking to change.

I love the look of the Venture. The engine appears to be quit solid, and the price tag on a new one is soooo much less than a comparable motorcycle (Wing or HD.)

My question is in regards to the stereo. I see that it is still a tape deck:doh:.

Is it possible to change it out for a more up to date system?

I like your Avatar is a Tudor Jet?! Wow talk about old systems......the last one was built in 1966. Sub-sonic, vacuum tubes and cable wires for all the controls.......and no TAPE DECK!

For the iPod connection, as long as you have the cbus cable to the left saddlebag where the cd changer goes you can get an iSimple adapter from Yamaha (about $170). You can connect your iPod or iPhone and control it from the handle bar controls. I did a write up on it a while ago.

I like your Avatar is a Tudor Jet?! Wow talk about old systems......the last one was built in 1966. Sub-sonic, vacuum tubes and cable wires for all the controls.......and no TAPE DECK!

Take a close look ... those are the C114 Tutor jets belonging to the Snowbirds. I saw them perform at our own little Welland airport about 5 years ago. Very inspiring sight! Those jets were Canadian designed and built, by the way. It was the RCAF's and then the Canadian Forces primary jet trainer until 2000. They were even sold to Malaysia as a counterinsurgency aircraft in 1967. Neat airplane. Should you want to see one up close, the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum at Mount Hope, near Hamilton, has one on display.

Andy

Thanks for the advise. I do know what a tape deck is and my wife and I still have some.

I just purchased my 2013 Venture and will be picking it up tomorrow.:cool10:

You will love it the wealth of information here is also a plus that you do not find everywhere:thumbsup:

First Welcome to the forum.

Around here we don't care what you ride. You will find help on almost any subject. Yes the Venture is a wonderful bike. The longer I have mine the more I like and appreciate it. So if you buy one be prepared to enjoy it. If not enjoy what you have.

Mike

Well I have my New 2013 Venture and love it. I came from a 2009 Suzuki M109R. Don't get me wrong, my M109 was one of the best motorcycles I have owned. The power was amazing and the look was unique. Unfortunately due to some lower back issues I could no longer enjoy the bike.

The Venture was the bike that fit me the best out of all of the cruisers (Wing, H.D.)

Wife loves the rear seat and we can take longer trips without getting off in pain.

As far as my Avatar. They are the Snow Birds. I had the opportunity to see them and talk to the pilots in Tillsonburg last year.

I live in the London Ontario area and if there are any owners that want to meet up some time I would look forward to it. I am no tech wise, so any advise is good. I found the owners manual sucks, so I do have questions about mods and general maintenance.