IGNORED

My radio antenna coax cable came out of the radio

Eck

For those of you with a GW1800, if you ever remove the shelter to perform any kind of maintenance (like replacing the air filter or such), I highly recommend that you take a pair of pliers and carefully flatten / crimp the metal tip of the antenna coax cable (just flatten it a little now...) and then insert it into the back of the radio so that it pushes into the radio firmly..

My radio quit and for some reason my antenna coax cable just slipped out of the back of the radio. It has been OK for the past 4 years. I have not had the shelter off for at least that many years. All of a sudden, no radio, and come to find out my coax fell out of the radio..

I had to pull the shelter to re-install it so I flattened the tip of the coax just a little bit to help hold it in place.

And pulling the shelter is a PITA, even if you've done it several times.

It took me a total of about 45 minutes to do this.

I didn't pick the shelter up off the bike but only lifted it high enough to get my hands in there to flatten the tip of the coax and plug it back in and reinstall everything including the seat and back rest.

I have it down to a science now I think.., I know I have to remove the two side covers, the seat, and being I have done this a few times I already know what Allen wrench I need for the top and sides of shelter, a Philip screw driver for the two screws on each side of the ignition switch, and the socket needed for the nuts on each side of shelter. Once I grab everything I need, I put it all on my roll around cart I use and just get to it.

Just remember to pull the intercom wire up out of the left side pocket "before" you install any shelter screws...........Just ask me how I know....duh..

It took me a total of about 45 minutes to do this.

I didn't pick the shelter up off the bike but only lifted it high enough to get my hands in there to flatten the tip of the coax and plug it back in and reinstall everything including the seat and back rest.

I have it down to a science now I think.., I know I have to remove the two side covers, the seat, and being I have done this a few times I already know what Allen wrench I need for the top and sides of shelter, a Philip screw driver for the two screws on each side of the ignition switch, and the socket needed for the nuts on each side of shelter. Once I grab everything I need, I put it all on my roll around cart I use and just get to it.

Just remember to pull the intercom wire up out of the left side pocket "before" you install any shelter screws...........Just ask me how I know....duh..

Been there, done that too, several times like you. And if it's your first time, better pay very close attention to which screws come out of where ... Just ask me how I know :bang head: Thankfully I found info somewhere that shows which ones go where.

Been there, done that too, several times like you. And if it's your first time, better pay very close attention to which screws come out of where ... Just ask me how I know :bang head: Thankfully I found info somewhere that shows which ones go where.

I bet between you and I and a couple others here, we could do some damage on "someone's" Goldwing...........:rotf: