IGNORED

Maybe dangerous topic???? Lol

pick

Just got home from Daytona, we went to the speedway yesterday and checked out all the new bikes. Of course, Yamaha had no Venture, so disappointed, but a friend of mine is looking to swap out his older HD for a new tourer. Since no new Yamaha, we went by Kawasaki and looked at the new Voyager. I have to admit, I liked the 6 speed, fuel injection and anti lock brakes. Anyone have any firsthand knowledge of the New Voyager?

Also, the older gentleman who always had his bike there couldn't make it, getting old, but the rep did mention that he is at a bit over 330k miles on that bike!!!!!

Looked to buy one before the RSV. Was going to go side by side w my 2000 Vulcan. Test rode it when Barney's of Brooksville had the demo model. Looks gorgeous. I also do an OCD amount of reading, research, reviews etc. here are the PROS: liquid cooled, reliable motor and tranny, reputation( overall), easy on maneuvering and turning at slow speeds, color fit and finish w LED lights are awesome, can get one fairly low miles just about anywhere.

CONS: and this is a big one....HEAT!!! I'm talking cooking your legs to the point of crying. This may not be the case to that extreme up north but down here, even with pants on, you are VERY uncomfortable. Kawi KNOWS of this and their cheap asses tried to add some KAMS? System. Basically a plastic cowl and hose to disperse the heat away. Major fail. Many people do not have an issue but many more do then do not. Oh, and BTW, that kit is $399 and guess who picks up the tab? Guess...it's NOT kawasaki

Next, radio interference from bad/faulty ground and or antenna. They do not come with stock rear speakers, but of course you can spend your money getting that as well. If indeed I were to purchase the bike, which I have seen around here and all over the country, my personal suggestion is that you buy one from an owner that maybe added these to save some coin. As for the heavy mileage, I do not doubt these can run forever if maintained. I have no doubt mine can go cross country and it's 15 yrs.old. I recently saw on the iron butt pages somewhere one heavy duty rider, who is still active have those kind of miles on his 2009 Vulcan voyager. Hope this made some sense...

I also had the Voyager in the running. But a few things made me back up and look again. Prices are good and the guys I have talked to that have had them for say 2 yr or so dont have many maint concerns. Heat is a big bitc# from some. Kawi fixed like the 2011 and 12 before delivery I think. But its kind of a patch up fix just blowing air somewhere else.

I would highly recomend your buddy look @ a victory if he wants something newer. But maybe you should have him look towards the RSV or newer TD. We know how well these things run.