IGNORED

Not MC, but still looks like fun. My other passion.

Flyinfool

Ya I know this ain't MC related. BUT it sure do look like it will be fun.

I just ordered this from Germany, it should be here in about 3 weeks.

Then we get to see just how much trouble I can get myself into.

I know that I am not the only one on this site that messes with RC toys.

This should have a level flight speed of around 400KPH or 250 MPH.:scared: :225:

A little more coming out of a dive.

It is called a Super Scout

It has a wingspan of 44 inches and is 61 inches long.

It should have a flying weight of around 14 lbs and the pulse jet engine has about 18 lbs of thrust.

This means it can accelerate even going straight up.

The whole rear half of the engine (the skinny part) will be glowing bright orange while it is running.

It runs on a mixture of 50% gas and 50% diesel, with some 2 stroke oil added to that at a 50:1 mix. Sounds like a nice volatile mixture to me.

Even though it looks like it is a complete aircraft, that is just a fiberglass shell, there is a lot of work that goes into making it flight ready. It will likely take me through most of the summer to get it built.

Man I hate waiting for toys to show up in the mail.

SS_1.jpgSS_2.jpgPulso1.jpg

Edited by Flyinfool
  • Thanks 1

As with the WWII German 'buzz bomb', you will need to have a catapult to get the ram jet going?

In your video, it appears the launcher is using compressed air. Seems a rather cumbersome set-up for the field.

Perhaps a disposable 'booster rocket' could be temporarily strapped on to start the launch? Or rubber band/bungee sling shot (ie. water balloon slingshot)?

What,,, your not happy with sending snow flakes over the pond? Now I gotta try and dodge missles? :crying::bawling::buttkick:

THAT is BAD TO THE BONE FOOL!!!! I wish we had a bridge across the lake cause I would LOVE to come over and watch, help, VIDEO :photographing: that baby in action!!!!!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

As with the WWII German 'buzz bomb', you will need to have a catapult to get the ram jet going?

In your video, it appears the launcher is using compressed air. Seems a rather cumbersome set-up for the field.

Perhaps a disposable 'booster rocket' could be temporarily strapped on to start the launch? Or rubber band/bungee sling shot (ie. water balloon slingshot)?

Your close.

The air compressor is for the ram air to get the engine started, and there is a heavy bungee cord to get the airplane up to flying speed on the ramp. And then it is hang on for dear life......

Puc, just think of it as a big snowflake, with a guidance system.

:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::dancefool::dancefool:

250 mph,,, hey,, ya know,,, what is that like a 10 minute flight to reach my back door,,, beginning to feel a little like JFK felt when the Ruskies stuck those Nukes into Cuba:Laugh:

Be pretty cool if you could get a 8 minute burn out of it,, I could set up a net and a relaunch system. You could hire it for mail delivery :hurts:

Probably a bad idea,, the first time it scalped a couple seagulls on its way over the bird watchers would hang us out to dry,,, cant imagine that thing passes EPA Regs - I dont see a Catyletic Converter on it :Bunny::Laugh:

That is sooooooooo cool Jeff!!:clap2:

WOW!!$$$.......Gonna need a team.....I'm up for it...... soon as you relocate here.

Those are quick...... no room for driving error with power on.

Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Pete

I got to many toys to move anywhere, you'll have to move here.

These fall into the realm of if you have to think about what to do next it is to late. 250 mph equals 466 feet per second, a blink at the wrong time and it could be gone.

Yes there will be a few :mo money::mo money: in it by the time it is done.

If it hits the ground at that speed it will be confetti.

Edited by Flyinfool

Puc

It will take 22 minutes from my house to yours, going straight across the lake.

Way cool!!

Hey,, do you have to have a special place to crank it up and fly it? We have an RC Club area here on our waste water system and there is also a "Rocket Club" area too. I am guessing that your new bird is gonna be "flyable" with total RC Controls for alirons and all that? You belong to a "club" or do you just walk outside and let her rip?

Had a guy swap in his RC Plane stuff on a bike one time. Single engined bird - about a 3 foot wingspan. Ran good! My second born was always really good with video games so I elected her as pilot, probably 10 at the time. I worked as flight engineer and ground crew. Fired it up, daughter made 3 big circles in our back yard, came to land the dog gone thing and she landed it in the top of a tree in the back yard. I chain sawed the tree down to get the bird out. After that, I patched the plastic up on the wings, my son (also loved video games) and I snuck out to the RC Club (no trees this time). He did surprisingly well with it, almost lost it from sight a couple times, came time to land and, all except for the tumbling end for end and it separating into a bunch of small pieces he did pretty good!!

I will most likely lite this puppy up in the back yard on a test stand a few times.

Flying will only happen at RC fields.

I am pretty sure the club will allow this since I am the club president......

I might even have all of this by my March M&E.

WOW!!!

I can't help but to say something, this just has me totally amazed.

Tuesday March 17 at 10:27 am I made an internet purchase from Germany.

The box to ship this was 4 feet x 5 feet x 8 inches, and weighed about 28 lbs.

It was picked up at the sellers house by DHL International Express on Tuesday at 13:41 on 3-17-15.

It was delivered to me today at 14:27 on 3-19-15.

This just blows my mind that a big package can get from Germany to Wisconsin, with customs thrown in, in just 50 hours, 46 minutes.

I mailed a USPS small flat rate box to travel just 90 miles and it took 5 days to get there.

My hat is off to DHL for whatever they are doing, they are doing it right.

In all fairness I must admit that when the tracking first came up online a few minutes after the package pickup. I laughed that it said the expected delivery was by the end of the day on 3-19-15. I figured no way in he11.

I had this delivered to my work so that it would not be sitting in front of my house looking like a big flat screen TV.

Now I am chomping at the bit to get home to open the big box and check out my new toys.

WOW!!!

I can't help but to say something, this just has me totally amazed.

Tuesday March 17 at 10:27 am I made an internet purchase from Germany.

The box to ship this was 4 feet x 5 feet x 8 inches, and weighed about 28 lbs.

It was picked up at the sellers house by DHL International Express on Tuesday at 13:41 on 3-17-15.

It was delivered to me today at 14:27 on 3-19-15.

This just blows my mind that a big package can get from Germany to Wisconsin, with customs thrown in, in just 50 hours, 46 minutes.

I mailed a USPS small flat rate box to travel just 90 miles and it took 5 days to get there.

My hat is off to DHL for whatever they are doing, they are doing it right.

In all fairness I must admit that when the tracking first came up online a few minutes after the package pickup. I laughed that it said the expected delivery was by the end of the day on 3-19-15. I figured no way in he11.

I had this delivered to my work so that it would not be sitting in front of my house looking like a big flat screen TV.

Now I am chomping at the bit to get home to open the big box and check out my new toys.

and when you do,, dont forget the :photographing:'s cause :worthless:

specially if it has anything to do with JET FUEL POWERED ROCKET SHIPS THAT ARE AIMED TOWARD MICHIGAN!! :Laugh::dancefool:

WOW ZZZ WOW WOW WOW!!! THAT IS AWESOME FOOL!!!:sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::ice_awesome-vi46644

You have gotta include us on your build reports and stuff!! :sign cmon: :fingers crossed:

Thanks Jeff, you made my day!! :You_Rock_Emoticon: Brother THAT is beeeeaauuttiful!!!

Heyyyy,, just noticed a couple things while STARING at those awesome pics.. First of all I could not help but notice the box has "V-22" written on it,, maybe making Fools craft the 20th version of the V-2 rocket?

Next is I am wondering about the length and width of the craft.. By looking at the pics I am guessing 64 inches in length and 45 inches in width.. I am also gonna guess the Turbine to be 31 inches in length and,, this is hard cause I have nothing to base this on, but I am gonna guess 3 inches in diameter at the large end of the engine that we are peering into to see the turbine..

MAN THAT THING IS WAYYYY COOL!! BAD TO THE BONE!! :superman::178:

Oooopppsss,, got so excited I didnt even realize you had put the box size in your original post:doh:,, I was basing my guess on the probably height and width of your tool box it is resting against.. Oh well,, it was fun anyway:rotfl:

That is not a turbine, (I have other planes with turbines...) It is a Pulse Jet, just like on the V-1.:whistling: The V-2 was a liquid fueled rocket more like a ballistic missile, designed to go mostly straight up and straight down, the V-1 was more like a cruise missile designed to fly fairly level to its target.

That pic of the end of the jet is looking in the small end of the jet.

I'll get you some more pics later........

I have 2 other airplanes on the bench that are nearly finished but I have to finish them first to make room for this one. So It will be a while before I really get into this one. Once I do get into this one, it will take a long time to finish. While it looks nearly complete, that is just a fiberglass shell, I have to design and build all of the internal structures, and fuel systems and control systems.

There is really not much to a pulse jet engine, they are very simple devices. Mine has just one moving part and that is a read valve on the intake. There are pulse jets that have NO moving parts. They have been known to be put on bikes.:bikersmilie:

See how I worked in a MC reference......:whistling:

If you ever get headed west while CTFWing be sure to let me know and stop on by.