IGNORED

Need really good cold-weather socks

flyday58

Hello all,

I'm looking for suggestions for really good cold-weather socks. My whole life, cold feet have been my downfall. Once they're cold all the fun is gone from whatever I'm doing. My feet don't really sweat but I know you can't lock 'em in something that doesn't breath, either. So what are all y'all wearin'?

Richard

:cold:

While I was in the USAF I had some thick wool socks issued. I wore my regular type cotton socks and then the wool over them. A couple years ago I found some under armor socks that actually keep feet pretty dang warm. Or you could go the battery type hunting socks.

While I was in the USAF I had some thick wool socks issued. I wore my regular type cotton socks and then the wool over them. A couple years ago I found some under armor socks that actually keep feet pretty dang warm. Or you could go the battery type hunting socks.

Yup, had the same socks. Kept my feet warm riding in the back of Vietnam-era E-model C-130s and one memorable night swinging a prop in Cold Lake, Alberta.

I have a few pairs of socks made from Alpaca wool, best riding socks I have ever used, warm inthe winter and moisture wicking in the summer. Here is alink to an online store I use "Superwarm" Heavy Extreme Alpaca Socks | Purely Alpaca, they not cheap but they are good.

Thanks, will look at those and the Under Armor's also. Don't really want the electric stuff, even though my big bro swears by 'em.

LOL I had a young airman one night we were refuling my c141. He was running the back hose and I was up front supervising so I could see whole aircraft. We had just disconn hose and he took off running to wingtip and sat down. It was like 15 deg in Oklahoma @ 2am. Here he is pulling his boots off and sockts. I went over to see what the heck? The socks were stuck "on" and burning his feet up. I laughed pretty good for a few minutes and poked fun. Then I chewed his butt out for operating a possible ignition source while we were refueling. Geeze some people just dont think.