IGNORED

My thread is hiding

Marcarl

No it does not show up in the watering hole, and it should not.

It does show up in new posts as it should.

You will not see it show up in New Posts until someone makes a post after yours.

When you create a new thread in any forum, that new thread will not initially appear in your new posts, because you have already seen it, so it is not new to you.

You posted in it and it does show up in my "New Posts".

Go to "Settings" in the top right corner of the page.

Then on the left side of page under My Settings go to "General Settings"

Scroll to bottom of the page and the second section from the bottom of the page is "Exclude Forums From "Whats New""

Scroll through the window there to see if any of your missing forums are highlighted. Any highlighted forums will NOT appear in the "Whats New?" or "New Posts" searches.

If you post to a thread, it will not show up under "what's new" until somebody responds. It's no longer new to you, you have already seen it. To find you OWN posts, click on "My Search Links" in the small menu bar at the top and then "My Posts" or "My Threads".

I have noticed a similar issue with posts that I start or respond to. They will not show up when in the ''Whats new'' page, but I can usually find them again under the Forum sub tab called ''today's posts''.

:confused07:

This is correct, to you they are not NEW since you already had them ope when you first posted them.

Those threads that you start or post in will not show up in your "new posts" until someone other than you is the last poster AND you have not seen that last post yet.

You posted in it and it does show up in my "New Posts".

Go to "Settings" in the top right corner of the page.

Then on the left side of page under My Settings go to "General Settings"

Scroll to bottom of the page and the second section from the bottom of the page is "Exclude Forums From "Whats New""

Scroll through the window there to see if any of your missing forums are highlighted. Any highlighted forums will NOT appear in the "Whats New?" or "New Posts" searches.

Did all that, then I went back and set them all to exclude, and then went back in to view them all,,, so I selected 'none'. Each time I got out of FF and restarted, just in case,,, still no luck, even with this thread.

For what it is worth, I have noticed that any post I respond to, where I am the last poster, it is not visible to me on the forums, I cannot see them until I got to my profile and look up posts I have started or responded to.

Maybe that is the way it supposed to work, but it is not very convienient and was very frustrating until I figured it out.

Ok so now this thread shows up in Whats' New, but not in the Watering Hole and it did show up in it's own forum before, so I'm guessing that is still good.

The Kitchener thread though is still lost in it's own hidy hole, buried deep away in M&G forum.

Now that I've posted to it,,,,,, it's gone again,,, got to go to forums to find it.

Replied to Groundhuggers thread and that showed up just fine.

I think this new program doesn't like me,,, maybe I should register under a different name,,, I feel left out somehow,,, like it's not important what I spend half the day typing,,,,, I'm getting depressed, coming up with all the things I'm thinking of. Do I need to go see a Dr.???? :whistling:

When you post a thread in Meets and Greets, it does NOT automatically get copied to the watering hole. Meets and Greets is where it should be.

and yes, when you post to a thread, it will no longer show up in the "what's new" until somebody replies. It is NOT new at the point that you post because you've already seen it.

If you have email notifications turned on and you get a email that there is a new post to one your threads or replies and you click on that link and go to that thread or post then you have seen it. If you then go to What's New it's not going to be there. If you get an email that there is a reply and do NOT click on the link to the thread but just go to the forum and check "What's New", it will be there. Then when you go to that thread, it will again disappear from what's new. That's the way it is supposed to work. If you've seen it, it's NOT new.

If you can see it and it's there it's real.

If you can see it and it's not there it's virtual.

If you can not see it and it's there it's transparent.

If you can not see it and it's not there it's been deleted.

Thanks Wayne

Both threads showed up in What's New

Neither showed up in the Watering hole

Is this how it's supposed to be?

I thought everything showed up in the WH, except what a person decided he didn't want and so marked that in his profile.

Nothing goes in the watering hole unless it is put there.

What's probably causing your confusion is that many people just post in the watering hole rather than a more topic appropriate board. I'm sure you've seen Don's posts threatening to go nuclear over classifieds in the watering hole.

By the way, good on you for posting it where it belongs!:happy65: