IGNORED

shortcut to new members

eusa1

could there be a section for new members this month/ year/ week whatever so we can see where they might be and offer more of a welcome for us and them to see? that highlights the new members name that we could click on to go to their profile rather than attempting to look them up only to find they have not figured out how to get into their own info to make additions and such?

it's great to be able to click on a users name and get in touch with them.

OK...I have added a box at the bottom of the forum home page. It says "Users who have registered today". It is a rolling 24 hour format so unless you look every day, you will miss some. I may work on a better solution that will show maybe the latest "X" number of members or something like that but for now, this is the quick and easy way.

OK....I have also added a "widget" to the home page. The home page is actually the "Articles" tab. Or:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/content/

"Widgets" are the various blocks. In the left column, bottom block, is "Members Registered the Past Week". It shows all visitors who registered over the past week sort by the day that they registered.

One thing I should note. It happens rarely but sometimes we have a new registration and I almost immediately ban them because I realize that they are a spammer. Sometimes I catch them quickly and sometimes it's after their first post but I try to get them quickly. When I ban somebody, I don't remove them completely because that would allow them to register again. I just add them to a "BANNED" group. That means that they will still show up on the new members lists. An example right now is a person who registered under the user name DirectTV. WOW...that's pretty darn creative huh? :whistling: The person was banned but you will still see their name on the list.