IGNORED

Passing Lamp Mount

I have been looking to add passing lamps to my '99 RSV but like everyone I'm on a budget. I've been keeping an eye out for the Venture mount but everyone is near OEM prices but I did find a phenomenal price on a '05-08 Tour Deluxe mount. I thought I read somewhere that the TD mount will work on a Venture but you loose the small air deflectors. Can someone verify this for me, as the bike did not have the air deflectors when I purchased.

Thanks

Edited by BratmanXj

Ah as far as I know the TD wont work. The whole way the headlights etc mount up and the way the RSV bracket mounts to the bottom of the triple tree is different. It sucks for sure being limited to the one design. Now what you might do is as your out and about find a TD and see how it actually bolts up. Maybe you can make it work. I sure wouldnt think it would be all that terribly different. I'm just repeating what I have been told.

Using the RSTD mount will place your turn signals right where your lower deflectors are on your forks. I tried this when I saved my passing lamps from my RSTD I traded in on my new Venture. It will work if you don't mind removing the deflectors

So the RSTD Mount is more narrow than the Venture mount?

I don't have the fork deflectors (didn't come with the used bike) so I'm not against "loosing" them; just trying to figure out the logistics of the mount. If they are similar other than the bends & angles I'm all for it, if it's shorter or looks odd on a Venture I'll spend the extra $40 for the Venture mount.