IGNORED

Heck of a Day

CMCOFFEY

It started like every other day. I grabbed my green 01 RSV and headed into work. I have been having an issue with it (started thread about issue in 2nd gen tech). When I came out for lunch, it acted up again by resetting my tripmeter and starting hard. for this reason I garaged it and pulled my Blue 84 Venture out of the garage. It started just fine, so I took it in to work. At the end of the day, I went out and started the 84. at the same time I started the bike, the base played the National Anthem. I did not want to be a jerk and rev the crap out of my bike for the whole national anthem, so I let my bike die and turned off the key to not kill the battery...or so I thought. The bike would not fire back up, and I had to call the wife to come get me and my battery. so now I have the battery on the battery tender now, which unfortunately kicks the green 01 RSV off the tender.

I noticed a sticker on the side of the battery for the 84 that said 2008. I am pretty sure I need to replace it. So I am possibly going to be replacing 2 batteries, 1 clutch(01), 4 plugs(84), oil and filters for both, valve cover gasket(84), and brake pads(84) all in the next month. should be fun, and then both bikes should be free from needing repair for a little while.

I hate leaving my bike in a parking lot.

Could be worse Sonshine!!!!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Serious though,, wish I was out there to lend you a hand!! Don't know much about the tach thingy on Genesis (we could figure it out though) but the battery stuff - quick trip into Vegas I am sure would turn up something!!! Wishing you nothing but the best in working through it Coff!!!

Oh yea,, THANK YOU and your family for your service to God and Country!! Also,, makes me proud to hear they still play the National Anthem on our military bases!!

Wish you nothing but the best as you work thru the repairs!

Puc

DSCN0373.JPG

DSCN0379.JPG

DSCN0376.JPG

Edited by cowpuc

I am a Texan misplaced by the Air Force in Las Vegas; I have no clue what that white powdery stuff is. I saw some on Mt Hood in Oregon, I don't think I like it.

:big-grin-emoticon:

One of my son in laws from Sac has flown here a few times now over Christmas.. Last time out they got snowed in and wound up having to drive back to Sac cause all the airlines were shut down... Couple days later as they were pulling out of Needles, my daughter said he looked at her and said "I dont understand why people like your parents actually choose to put up with that stuff.." :missingtooth:

I used to love it, hunting, snowmobiling, ice racing bikes, spearing fish thru the ice... Its the getting old and what the cold does to me now that has me :think:

so now I have the battery on the battery tender now, which unfortunately kicks the green 01 RSV off the tender.

If it is truly a battery tender, it probably will not charge up a dead battery. A battery tender will only help a charged battery stay charged.

Looks like you did get some service from the 1st gen battery.

Randy

With the work you've done. Hook a volt meter to the battery and start the bike, then check the voltage at the battery (check both the battery leads and the terminals - voltage should be the same) at both idle and about 2500 rpm. That is a quick test to whether your charging system is working.