IGNORED

Motorcycle Rain Suit Options

Pattric

I was looking around and found that there are several of the vendors which are offering motorcycle rain suits. Although they are cheap in price but can't figure out which one is the best brand i should have to prefer. Alpinestars, Dainese, Joe rocket and REV'IT! are most known brands in the list.Nelson-Rigg is also offering good collection in this category. Any suggestion and experience. I don't want to find my self wet just because of some bad selection.

Edited by Pattric

We use Frogg Toggs rain suits, they are nice and light and have kept us dry through many rides in the rain. They have a number of different options of suits.

They fold up nice and don't take up much room in the saddlebags, I keep mine inside the lids of the saddlebags.

Mike

I use First Gear the wife uses Frogg Toggs. Both are waterproof, we have had both for some time. My pants are starting to seep a little at the crotch seam, but rain suits do not last forever. My big preference is for the pants to have suspenders. That holds them up enough that I don't worry about the waist getting below the jacket level and letting water down the back side.

I always used to carry a rain suit with me. At the time I'd wear a leather jacket, jeans, boots.

What I found works best for me is the Tour Master jacket. Mesh outer (not textile), rain and thermal liners. When it is hot I wear the mesh outer. If temperatures are lower or it is raining I'll add the rain liner. If it is cold, I then add the thermal. I carry a pair of rain pants and wear them when it rains. If it is just temperature, I'll wear leather chaps.

I don't like wearing a rain jacket over a leather jacket and the Tour Master fits inside the outer...you don't really notice that you are wearing it. Nancy has the same configuration for jacket and rain pants.

Having the Tour Master jacket I have one jacket that covers armour, heat, rain, and cold. I'm not carrying extra jackets when touring and it keeps storage issues to a minimum. I put our rain and thermal liners in plastic "lunch" bags and remove as much air as possible by compressing them. Takes up very little space this way.

For gloves....about the only thing I carry multiple types....fingerless gloves for hot days, waterproof gauntlet for rain and cold.

I have used a Frogg Toggs rain suit for a couple of years before I meant my lady. What I like about them is that they kept me dry, light weight and the stuff stack. Now that I do a lot of 2up riding with my lady we use Nelson Riggs AS-3000. It does a great job of keeping dry. Either one of these products would be a great option. The only downside to nelson is that you cannot use a stuff sack like frogg toggs.

We have 1 pair of tourmaster and 1 nelson rigg. One of them (I forget which) has a mesh inner sort of liner theng in jacket so if its warmer out dont stick to you. Here in Fla in summer its a crap shoot at best when its going to rain. You just know its going to. Whats hard to judge for me is if its a quick shower brewing you can ride thru or if its worth stopping and putting gear on.

I'm just old school and hard headed sort of I guess. I cant see how them paper towel things keep ya dry. but maybe when my old gear goes bad I'll try some. My buddy had some, first time on the bike (heritage soft tail) his leg was getting wet. When he stopped for gas he found out why. It had laid up against a pipe and melted, so duct tape to the rescue.

Thanks Eck,

Paper towel things? hahaha That's funny, but I see why you call them that. However they do work.

What I was trying to say is that the one thing that still gets wet is my hands. I know that there are gloves out there that are supposed to keep you dry, but other than my ice-fishing gaunlets, which I actually bought to ride with and are water-proof, I don't own any. Summer gloves that is.

I've got so many pairs of gloves, I'd just like a pair of glove covers that would keep my leather gloves, and my hands dry.