Some of you who have been around since the early days will remember Dan Lowery. Dan was one of the original officers when I started the "Venturers" site. I honestly don't remember if he ever joined this site or not but he and I did remain friends over the years. We rode together a couple of times when I lived in Dallas.

I got word today that Dan passed away on January 9th which also happened to be his birthday.

Dan was a good man and will be missed by those who knew him. Please say a prayer for his family and friends.

Thanks, Don.

Though I never met Dan (Danl), we did exchange posts and I believe more than a few PMs on the Venturers site, back in the day. He was member #16 and rode a 2001 RSV back then. To quote Dan's signature:

"I'm like an old stallion who's longing for freedom, trying to outrun the wind"

Words are never adequate in moments like these. I hope you find these words acceptable.

There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.

My deepest condolences.

So sorry to hear about Dan's passing. I remember him very well from the Venturers. He used to have a son who lived in Salt Lake City and sometimes we would get together when he was in town to visit him. I lost track of him over the years but have thought of him from time to time. RIP Dan you are free now and at peace.

Edited by Pegasus1300

Sorry to hear this Don,

I've met him a couple of times and certainly had more than conversation with him where I thought he was good guy.

I know he will be missed by his close friends,

Rick

Some of you who have been around since the early days will remember Dan Lowery. Dan was one of the original officers when I started the "Venturers" site. I honestly don't remember if he ever joined this site or not but he and I did remain friends over the years. We rode together a couple of times when I lived in Dallas.

I got word today that Dan passed away on January 9th which also happened to be his birthday.

Dan was a good man and will be missed by those who knew him. Please say a prayer for his family and friends.