IGNORED

It is great sadness that I bring this news.

Eck

(This was the reason I posted a few weeks back requesting your prayers).

I have many memories of this man.....Many miles we rode together, many laughs shared, many times sitting at the same table, many stories told..

Please click on link:

Jerome Lee Bough Obituary: View Jerome Bough's Obituary by Northwest Herald

VR.ORG name: Boo

Joined VR.Org on 08-16-2006

Bike Year and Model: 2001 Red RSV

EDIT 12-27-14:

Sorry I didn't explain/provide this information in my original post folks. I was having computer problems and wanted to post what I could at that moment to get the new out to you.

Boo had Leukemia, MDS and his kidneys began failing. He was placed in the hospital during the third week of November. Dialysis was going on for his kidneys, and he was on some strong medication which left him bed ridden. Many sores appeared in his mouth which made it hard for him to speak. His legs were both swelled up. The Dr. told him and his wife Jane that he would not make it to the new year. Boo wanted to go home to be with his family. The hospital let him go home on Friday, Dec 5th, knowing there wasn't anything else they could do for him. Jane asked her their kids to watch him on Friday Dec 12th so that she could go to the funeral home to make arrangements. When Jane returned home her kids met her at the front door. Jane knew he passed while she was gone. Jane told me that Boo just didn't want to her to see him pass on . They were married 47 years., That is a long time to be with someone. Boo and Jane were good friends with everyone they met in the VR family. He will be missed..

Edited by Eck

I am so sorry to read this news. Jerry was a great person and I thought a lot of him and his wife both. Jerry was quick to send me an inspirational message after he heard my cancer returned earlier this year. I saved the email and just read it again after reading this thread. He will be greatly missed.

Edited by Skid

So sorry to hear this, I met Jerry and Jane at my first Asheville rally, we seemed to hit it off rite away. I was really looking forward to seeing him at this years Asheville and contacted him when he didnt show. Guess he was having problems back then. He was one of the "good guys" RIP Jerry.

Craig

Jerry has been with us from the start and always was willing to help anyone. I remember he and Jane fondly as I was fortunate enough to spend a couple rally's in his company. It's so hard knowing he is gone, life has become a little darker for our loss....God Speed Jerry, you will be missed.

I have to say that it is very nice to see pictures of Jerry/Boo.

It really makes a guy think about your time here and the good friends that you make while your here.

Here is a picture from a ride back in the summer of 2008 up in the hills of southern Wisconsin.

A great day was had by all.

(notice the VENTURE sign?) 20080614_01.jpg