IGNORED

Heated seats and grips

JDaniel

• 3 weeks later...

Did some research on the internet. Tested each unit individually. Rear seat heater works. Drivers seat heater works. When you turn on the grip heaters it shuts down the system. It usually is the left hand grip which goes bad due to the stress on that grip when putting the bike on the center stand. Will have to look for a new grip or aftermarket heated grips.

• 3 years later...
Heated seats and grips are not working on 07 Goldwing. Fuses are good. What should I check next. Waiting on a repair manual for the bike.

I'll bet you anything that it is the ribbon connector. They get pulled on and stressed, when you put your Wing onto the center stand, or off..or you torque on the grips for ANY reason. Nine out of ten times, it is a broken or severed wire in that ribbon..and the only thing that can be done,...is a new grip. Ask me how I know..., and one more thing...so retarded how Honda this in the wiring harness...but the entire heating system...grips, seat(s) are serial wired, like old Christmas and Christmas tree lights. If any of the grips stop working...bad wire, stressed/pulled wire/severed wire, NOTHING that heats will work. One of your grips goes south...and you don't use them much anyway..but you use the heated saddle? Too bad...it's all dead, until you find the part that has failed, and replaced it with new. A very bad design, that is in all Goldwings with heated grips and seats.