IGNORED

Recommended shop?

YamaGeezer

Hi all. For those who live in the western NC, upstate SC area - is there a good Yamaha mechanic in our area that comes highly recommended? There are several dealerships here with questionable service departments. Just wondering where you take your bikes for normal, and not so normal, maintenance. Thanks!

From one Geezer to another,,, I had a daughter who lived in Greenville SC for a few years.. While she was down there I spent a LOT of time biking around the area.. I also hung out at the local Yam shop,,, spent a lot of time yakking bikes with a couple of their mechanics - they seemed very knowledgeable about the V-4 BUT never had em work on my bike - I like to do my own thing.. They were on "Wade Hampton" down yonder - no idea if they are even still open...

If you were near Guntersville Alabama I would know THE place!!! That shop that hosted last years International was AWESOME!!!

LOTS of knowledge around this place too Geezer,,, aint no Shop even come close to the knowledge this bunch holds!! Maybe do a maintenance day or two!!!

Took my Wing here one time. They are located not far from you in Sumter, SC.

http://www.esyp.com/

They made special arrangements to work on my bike on a Saturday which normally they do no mechanic work on Saturdays and they didn't apply an extra charge to do the work I needed that day. I waited and was able to watch, and talk with, the mechanic as he did the work.

The had two Yamaha Ventures in the back. One getting new sneakers and an oil change and one getting carbs rebuilt.

I will go back if ever in that area just to say hi again. They made me feel welcome and appreciated.