IGNORED

Seeking 1983-1993 VIN for a comprehensive database

Thanks for the additional information.

Yamaha calls your "grey" Standards "Midnight Silver". Which of the VINs belongs to "Paris"?

As for "Royal Sudbury" is it the same color brown as the US Royale (Birch Brown/Copper Brown)? Like this?:

1986 1a.jpg

Or is it more like this (Royal Maroon)?:

1986 (maybe) Canada Royale, maybe Royal Maroon.JPG

Edited by Prairiehammer

• 3 weeks later...

Just purchased an 83 this weekend out of Indiana. Repainted so not sure of original color. Build date is 4/83. VIN: JA26H006DA005916. Hoping you can help me determine original color. I would like to restore color. It shows 37K on meter. Title shows exempt??

It still has 2nd gear...! Front shock have Progressive springs and antidives have been disconnected. Message center has been replaced (used) but still popping up random warnings. Fuse box under center cover has been replace with AGM box. Water pump has been upgraded. Cooling fan is wired to run constant (first project to tackle). Has upgraded rear Master cylinder reservoir and rear brake line is steel braid. Clutch fluid was low but added and it works good. This is a base model and has no compressor - just schrader valves and damper knobs. Radio has been upgraded to AM/FM CD USB

Eng vibrates and seems to struggle a little so I'm going to compression check/ check coil outputs then sync carbs.

IT IS FUN TO RIDE AGAIN AFTER 30 YEARS. My sister and her hubby have and 83 Blonde mint with 22K. They were going to sell to me but shipping would be an issue as they are on the Pacific side. I looked around at adds to see what they were worth and told them to keep it cause I can find fixer uppers here very reasonable. I'm handy with tools. I've even replaced transmission parts in a XS400 Yamaha. So I'm not worried about 2nd gear going. I'm more worried about parts sourcing.

Just purchased an 83 this weekend out of Indiana. Repainted so not sure of original color. Build date is 4/83. VIN: JA26H006DA005916. Hoping you can help me determine original color. I would like to restore color. It shows 37K on meter. Title shows exempt??

It still has 2nd gear...! Front shock have Progressive springs and antidives have been disconnected. Message center has been replaced (used) but still popping up random warnings. Fuse box under center cover has been replace with AGM box. Water pump has been upgraded. Cooling fan is wired to run constant (first project to tackle). Has upgraded rear Master cylinder reservoir and rear brake line is steel braid. Clutch fluid was low but added and it works good. This is a base model and has no compressor - just schrader valves and damper knobs. Radio has been upgraded to AM/FM CD USB

Eng vibrates and seems to struggle a little so I'm going to compression check/ check coil outputs then sync carbs.

IT IS FUN TO RIDE AGAIN AFTER 30 YEARS. My sister and her hubby have and 83 Blonde mint with 22K. They were going to sell to me but shipping would be an issue as they are on the Pacific side. I looked around at adds to see what they were worth and told them to keep it cause I can find fixer uppers here very reasonable. I'm handy with tools. I've even replaced transmission parts in a XS400 Yamaha. So I'm not worried about 2nd gear going. I'm more worried about parts sourcing.

Your 1983 Venture is a XVZ12TK, a "Standard" Venture. The Standard Venture that year came with either "Sparkle Crimson Black" (Black with gold pinstriping) or "New Ruby Red" (with gold pinstriping).

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl64, width: 167][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Thank you for your addition to the database.

• 3 months later...

I'm the recent purchaser of a blue 89VR project that I am in the process of returning to road duty. I bought it off of Craigslist a couple months back from the Atlanta area and brought it home to Charlotte NC area. I believe it to be a California model based on the charcoal canister on the left side. I'd certainly be interested in knowing more about the history of this particular bike. It is factory two-tone blue that still shows well. There are a number of modifications I have discovered and wonder if it was owned by a forum member. The gentleman I bought it from only had it a few months and got it as a non-running project himself before losing interest. The owner before him appears to have traded another bike for it in 2011 and thereafter only put around 5-6k miles on it.

Anyhow, here is the VIN: JYA1UNC05KA005186

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

New to this forum, have recently purchased a 1983 Venture Royale. It's my 7th or 8th motorcycle, been riding since I'm 16 and I'm hooked on older machines, not fond of the new bike styles at all.

Ran into a minor issue while trying to get this bike insured. It seems that the VIN number is missing or certainly not easily determined. The label on the frame beneath the brake pedal is no longer in place. I do see the serial number on the right side of the steering neck, but there is no label or stamping on the left hand side of the steering neck to show the VIN. I didn't remove the fairing, but I did use an inspection camera to get a closer look. I've also ran my fingers across the area to see if I could feel any evidence of the stamping. There is no VIN number on the left side of the steering neck, no sign whatsoever. My registration, transferred from the previous owner, lists the serial number but no VIN.

Can the serial number be used to somehow identify what the VIN was or should be?

I can also provide the serial number from the engine if that serves any purpose.

Alternatively, I could try a different insurance provider, but would rather not switch if possible.

Any suggestions?

New to this forum, have recently purchased a 1983 Venture Royale. It's my 7th or 8th motorcycle, been riding since I'm 16 and I'm hooked on older machines, not fond of the new bike styles at all.

Ran into a minor issue while trying to get this bike insured. It seems that the VIN number is missing or certainly not easily determined. The label on the frame beneath the brake pedal is no longer in place. I do see the serial number on the right side of the steering neck, but there is no label or stamping on the left hand side of the steering neck to show the VIN. I didn't remove the fairing, but I did use an inspection camera to get a closer look. I've also ran my fingers across the area to see if I could feel any evidence of the stamping. There is no VIN number on the left side of the steering neck, no sign whatsoever. My registration, transferred from the previous owner, lists the serial number but no VIN.

Can the serial number be used to somehow identify what the VIN was or should be?

I can also provide the serial number from the engine if that serves any purpose.

Alternatively, I could try a different insurance provider, but would rather not switch if possible.

Any suggestions?

The serial number stamped on the steering neck is the VIN. In some parts of Canada, the 17 digit "VIN" was not used, similar to the European number.

What are the numbers stamped on the right side of the steering neck?

The serial number stamped on the steering neck is the VIN. In some parts of Canada, the 17 digit "VIN" was not used, similar to the European number.

What are the numbers stamped on the right side of the steering neck?

Really, that's unusual for sure. The serial number is 31N000556. Color is maroon. Appreciate your assistance with this.