IGNORED

Second Gen Paint Codes

Well I dont know if I'm posting this in the right forum. But I'm hoping to find the paint code for the 2003 red and silver model. I'm going to repaint my 99 those colors and I'm hoping for the right code or something really close! Any info will be much appreciated!!!:fingers-crossed-emo

Greetings.

If I could make a suggestion then I would have a car painter match the colours as close as he can by using a scanner. The scanner will pick out the closest match that is in the automotive database. You will hardly see any difference once the bike is painted.

That way you can always get paint for the bike from any regular car paint dealer. Much cheaper than buying it from Color Rite but they are the only ones that have the codes for the Yamaha motorcycles. That way you can choose who to buy from in the future if paint work is ever needed.

I would also suggest to use scratch free clear coat, at least on the gas tank. A little pricier but in my eyes worth it.

Just my five cents,,,,,,,,,,,

the 2003 colors are raspberry and metallic sand and they are tri-coat colors meaning they are not a single stage color and will likely cost you 3 times as much to copy.

I went through the process when I had my trailer painted to match my 2003 rsv

it looks fantastic, but if I wasn't wanting a perfect match, I would do as stated above and find a single stage color that I liked. $.02:080402gudl_prv:

Hahaha thats an excellent point! :rotf:

I went to the color rite website and yeah they do want bucu bucks for their paint :shock3: but since they claim they're the only ones with OEM Yamaha paint, I'll probably pay it just for authenticity.

Thanks for the info though guys!