IGNORED

Kansas City Road Trip?

cecdoo

I will be flying out to KC on tues. to pick up a bike, plan on leaving wed morning to ride back to Pa. Looks like I70 is a straight shot, is it a pretty good road? Is it best to take the beltways around St Louis and Indianapolis? or just stay on 70. Is 70 a toll road? I plan on stopping for the nite between Dayton and Columbus Ohio, is that a pretty decent area? I know, lots of questions, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Craig

70 isn't a toll road anywhere in MO. When it gets to St. Louis several highways join together to cross the river but if you pay attention it isn't to bad. They have built a new bridge since I have been through so hopefully the traffic is better than it used to be. When you get to the metro area and the speed limit drops to 65 I wouldn't go more than 5 over. There are several jurisdictions that like to enhance revenue by having all their force sit on 70 pulling people over. Be careful in the actual St Louis area. There are some pissed off people there.

If you're planning on stopping between Dayton and Columbus, I'd stop just West of Columbus in the Hilliard area. Heading West, the last exit before you hit the 270 Columbus bypass is Hilliard Rome Rd. Just North of 70 there's a lot going on there. Hotels, shopping, lots of good places to eat....Relatively safe.:080402gudl_prv:

What did you get?

I am just picking the bike up for another member. Jonas bought a Millenium from one of our members in KC. I am actually laying over in Charlotte tues. morning, I would offer to buy you a coffee but I dont think I am going to be there very long.