IGNORED

2014 Annual VR "In Memory Of" ride day

Eck

Today is our annual Venturerider "In Memory Of" ride day, where each of us take a ride or moment of silence, in memory of a VR family member or a loved one that we have lost along life's path.

I ask as you ride pondering treasured memories to please remember that you are on the road and to please ride safe.

Keep track of where you rode, places you stopped at, and take photos.

Feel free to post your days ride here in this thread:

http://www.venturerider.org/modules/memorials/index.php

Edited by Eck

I was not able to ride today due to the back pain I am in from my riding lawn mower accident last Sunday.

I did open that place in my head and let several old memories come out of which I pondered over, of friends lost over the years including their families.

Hello: Figured on staying home this weekend. Figured all I would get was a local ride at best. Other Grandparents called at 2:00 and asked if Grandson could come for over night. We threw an overnight bag together, dropped Grandson off and jumped on the bike. 175 miles later we are in Loveland CO for the night. Lots of time to reflect on others that have passed on. Nice ride in memory of them. Made more memories with my wife. Great ride.

Edited by Phoneman1981
Miss spelled word

Below was posted by Cowpuc and moved here here by Eck

I got this goofy medical stuff going on that we are waiting for answers on so I have to keep my riding real minimal.. That said, I snuck off by myself (dont dare to put Tip on the bike) and rode a few miles to one of our favorite local "get away spots" and made a little "Memory Video" noting some friends who have gone before me and some quick memories of folks/places from this last summer..

It was a VERY special time of reflection and recollection, THANKS ECK for bringing this special to the surface!!

As a highlight and for those who dont wanna take the time for the video I posted, here are some quick pics of some of those memories:

RODE IN LOVING MEMORY OF:

Gunboat: Never had the privilege of riding with you my friend but have heard A LOT about you.. Was told by more than one source that you and I would have really hit it off!

Bud Luther: Friends brother who lost his battle with cancer 2 years ago. Sticker was from an over night camping trip a large group of us did in his honor.

Glen; Close friend who lost his life in a bike accident 3 years ago.

Mike: Very close friend who lost his life on a bike a couple weeks before we were suppose to graduate high school together.

Also rode with thoughts of the great friends we made this year. Shots of memory stickers/patches accumulated over this last summers adventures that bring back GREAT memories of GREAT friends, some I havent even met yet,,, BUT WILL!!!:stirthepot:

DSCN5845.JPG

DSCN5860.JPG

DSCN5852.JPG

DSCN5846.JPG

DSCN5856.JPG

DSCN5851.JPG

DSCN5853.JPG

DSCN5855.JPG

DSCN5862.JPG

DSCN5883.JPG

DSCN5848.JPG

DSCN5847.JPG

DSCN5863.JPG

DSCN5868.JPG

Posted by Money Venture - moved here by Eck

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowpuc viewpost.gif

Shots of memory stickers/patches accumulated over this last summers adventures that bring back GREAT memories of GREAT friends, some I haven't even met yet,,, BUT WILL!!!

Aye, Aye, I too hope to meet you sooner than later.

progress.gif

Just saw this yesterday so I took a ride out into Western Wisconsin, where I live, with my passenger floor boards down. My Dad had a 75 cb750 and I was his passenger(until I was too cool to ride as one). He loved to ride these hills and valleys out this way. My Dad passed on June 25 at the age of 75 from advanced prostate cancer. I didn't have a camera along but will duplicate the ride tomorrow and post some pics.