IGNORED

What the heck?

Bubber

I was riding to work today (50 miles) and I was about 1 mile from work and my bike just decided to run like crap and then just quite. So there I was standing on the side of the road wonder "what the heck" those may not have been the exact words I used.

Any way I walked across the street the gas station did my duty and walked back. Tried to start it a couple of times and it acted like it was out of gas.

Stood there some more and it started. Rode off to work and worried about getting home at night.

Before I left work I tightened the terminals on the battery, I remember someone stating that they had a similar problem and it was a poor connection.

I am a firm believer that all electrical problem and ground or connection issues.

So now what?

I was going to get gas anyway so I was going to put Seafoam in and let it do it's magic overnight.

Any other bright ideas?

Bubber

my 01 did something similar to that a few weeks ago. I had just gotten gas and only went across the parking lot for lunch and came back out and it was sputtering and even died on me. Took a while to re start, acted a little better as I got home. I thought that is odd, see how it is in the morning.

Started right up and ran horrible. I opened the gas cap to put seafoam in and the pressure hissed at me very loudly. put the cap back on started it rode away, not a problem since.

so, long story short it might be improper venting of your gas cap.

Ya first thing I thought of was the gas cap, took it off, never notice any hissing. Blew out the lines a couple of weeks ago when I had the tank half off.

Fuel pump was clicking. So I think that is OK.

Never screwed with the ignition switch.

I am going to try the Seafoam and I already tightened the battery terminal and see what gives when I ride it to work tomorrow.

Anybody else?????

Fews years ago my daughter and I were coming home from the Tunnel of Trees.. Bike did exactly as you described Bubber.. Stalled on the side of the road in the dark, flashlight out in the dark.. Pressed the magic button and it started back up after sitting for minute..

Stopped at nearest gas station, pulled the battery cover - all looked good EXCEPT I found a wire connector beside the battery box that had slid apart and was not making good connection.. Pushed it back together and made sure its "snap" was in place.. Problem solved.

Another time was when my stator went out and the bike was running off the battery, acted like you describe.. Battery gets low on juice and acts like your talking about BUT,, probably not your problem if the battery was able to crank her back up again..

Intermittent problems are always a hassle for me too Bubber..:confused24:

Fuel filter less than a year old.

No not wet. Nice sunny cool day.

Volt gage shows between 13 and 14 (not very accurate)

Filled up and dosed her with 1/2 a can of seefoam I'll see whats up tomorrow.

Never had a hint of a problem on the way home either. So what's up with that.

Is your bike female?..... Sometimes they act strange for no apparent reason! : :stirthepot: wish you luck in resolving the issue.

Yea BUT, the females of the species seem to respond better to talking to em NICELY!! Especially if your in a crowd of other bikes.....

Ya know,, I did have this problem once Bubber when a space ship passed over us while out at Roswell... Maybe you got caught in a farce field or something:confused24: