IGNORED

OEM Highway Light Alternatives

I was wondering if there are alternatives to mounting the OEM highway lights. Looking for a bullet size bright light that would mount on the front. I want the light and the visibility. Thanks for any input, options or even pictures. David

I was wondering if there are alternatives to mounting the OEM highway lights. Looking for a bullet size bright light that would mount on the front. I want the light and the visibility. Thanks for any input, options or even pictures. David

David,

I bought some cheapo teeny lights from Wal-Mart for about $20. Had 55watt bulbs in them. Pulled them and put in 35 watt. This was on my 950 Tourer. They have a dimple on the housing that holds the front of the case and lens on...I drilled a small hole and put a screw in there. Many miles on 950 and lights are still good.

I got mine from visionxwholesale.com

Mounted them on L brackets coming off the mirror stalks. They are wicked bright and. Now visionx has even brighter ones with such low power drain. Up high I get farther distance. I have the left one a bit loose so I can adjust it depending on the ON coming traffic and the right one is fixed in the middle of the road about a 100 yards.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/ihavethespirit/Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Midnight%20Venture/spotlocationtest_zpsac4e9a15.png

VentureFar...

Edited by VentureFar

I want to get some LED jobs and mount them off the two bolts that hold the lowers on. I have not yet sit down to figure out how I want to stand them off from the body work. also not sold on shape I want. Rectangle, square, round.