IGNORED

Planning a ride soon

Wife and I are planning an "around Lake Michigan" ride for September.

Tentatively our first night will put us around Waukegan Ill. While that is an easy ride from home for me, I have an extra set of eyes that'll be wanting to look around.

Been over 20 years since I have been up in that part of the world, how is that area for crime and ease of lodging? Any particular areas(other than a 50 mile radius of CHicago) that are must avoids? Rest of the trip I will be in familiar territory, we did the UP last year in the car(boring) and will cover some of the same territory again this year.

Plan is roughly 250 to 300 miles per day so she can see and do whatever it is women like to see and do on vacation. Personally it would suit me to leave home on Friday and circle the lake and be home on Sunday. Its only 1600 miles, that's an easy weekend ride.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I knew we were planning too far in advance. Now she wants to make our first stop on Saturday in or around Marysville/Port Huron area. Sunday night Alpeena, Monday night Mackinac, Tuesday night likely Mackinac again after a ride into the UP, I like Hiway 2 so I'll ride it while we're close, Wednesday somewhere around Ludington, Thursday night -who knows!

If it were up to me, and me alone I'd load up my underwear and jeans in my Wal Mart luggage(shopping bag) and head out Friday night with no preplanned stops any where. But alas, I'm just the grateful chauffeur.

Youll go where your told! Just like me. Lol I lived up Port Huron way in a little town called Sandusky. Alpena use to be kind of busy when air base was there, but have heard since is closed its sort of dead.