IGNORED

Us 127 kentucky through Tenn

Hi was wondering if anyone has had any riding time taking us 127 from southern ohio to lower tennesee was thinking about taking this route to the international next week really don't want to take super slab, thought it might be a relaxing ride through the countryside. Any info would be great thanks. Joe

I have rode that route a few time and it is a good route.

As I 'm from Indiana I took 421 through Madison In to 55 to interstate 64 east to exit 48 to route 151 to 127 south. In the south part of Ky 127 is got some curves.But road surface was good.:322:

There is a good place to eat just a few miles south of Liberty KY on the left side of the road. I'm sorry but I forgot the name of the restaurant.

I have rode that route a few time and it is a good route.

As I 'm from Indiana I took 421 through Madison In to 55 to interstate 64 east to exit 48 to route 151 to 127 south. In the south part of Ky 127 is got some curves.But road surface was good.:322:

There is a good place to eat just a few miles south of Liberty KY on the left side of the road. I'm sorry but I forgot the name of the restaurant.

"THe Bread Of LIfe", it is run by some Amish folks who also run a childrens home and employ some of the older kids in the restaurant.

In southern Albany, about 5 miles from Tn line on business 127 is a fantastic little diner, Jones Diner. Must stop and eat their buffet, it is like $7 or so.

In about 18 miles south of Albany, in northern Tn is the Sgt Alvin York Memorial. If you are a war buff you know who this is and what he is famous for.

When you cross I40 you will be in Crossville. The worlds largest tree house is there but the state fire marshall has it closed for now because he doesn't have sprinklers in the treehouse. Also, just west of town, in case you are interested is "Pandoras Forest", a swinger club. Haven't been there yet, but it is on my list.

Just be aware that that is NOT a very good route during the 127 Yard Sale held the first Thursday thru Sunday in August each year. That yard sale stretches for about 300 miles or so, REALLY! People park on the road, by the road, across the road, stop and walk over to a vendor while they are stuck in traffic and apparently the folks who enjoy that sort of thing assume that normal driving niceties are suspended while they are doing their thing.

(Guess you'll notice I'm NOT a fan of the event)