IGNORED

Grasshopper Backrest

Illinois

Looking for some lower-back support without breaking the bank. Purchased a backrest from "Grasshopper" on 7/3/14. It arrived on my doorstep 4dys later. Install took a bit of determination but was fairly simple. At 6'1" with an OEM saddle backrest provides support right where it's needed(lower middle-back). Product is easily removed, mounting bracket stays hidden. Backrest is not adjustable, not as flashy as others, but perfectly presentable. IMO constitutes major bang for the $$$. Just my $.02, not affiliated with the company. :)

I have used the Grasshopper for a couple of years. Works great. I have noticed after about 30,000 miles of use the portion that slides through the bracket hard mounted to the bike is starting to get a little rusty. Nothing a quick spray of paint won't cure

• 4 months later...

No they do not. It is removable but easily reinstalled if sitting in the seat. In fact, it is a bit of trick to,install when off the bike. There is a bracket attached to the rear fender to receive the tail of the backrest. Since it is rather deep down between the back of the rider's seat and the front of the pillion seat it is little hard to find. Doable just not in a couple of seconds.

I ended up just leaving it in place all the time.

• 1 year later...