IGNORED

a plug for a dear friend, a note for bird watchers and remembering how we got here..

cowpuc

HEY,, VENTUREFAR,, YOU OUT THERE BUDDY? Hope your ears are ringing this morning!

Heres the deal gang.. a few days ago (seems that way) I noticed that some ying yang had created a thread about a party up in oregon,, at THE DALLES (NOT DALLES OREGON - I stay and stand corrected guys).. sounded like fun so I signed tip n I up..

Venturefar sent a note out gto all us wanna be ironbutt envious rascals that stated something like,, if you have trouble remembering who you are I am willing to make name tags to help you,,,, ok,, maybe not worded quite like that but, as I recall, mine was...

being the typy of bum that does have a problem remembering the day, month, year and location of my own existance, ESPECIALLY WHEN BIKING, I thought it best to inquire..

the tags were/are Gorgeous!

When I saw a pic of venturefars work I KNEW TWEEKS WOULD BE HEART BROKEN IF SHE HADDA COME HOME WITHOUT ONE. I sent an inquiry to my now, good friend, venturefar thinking he was either gonna think me crazy OR he wouldnt be able to resist.. turns out,, ol puc aint the only one on the site of misfits with a crazystreek!

The main reason for this thread is to commend venturefar for his high quality work.. notice, if you will, that even juice filled bug storms from alberta canada and glaicer usa cant bring neils work to a breaking point! This man does awesome work! My hats off to you venturefar for a job well done! Also, that hand made back off whip is beyond question,, the fanciest part of all of tweeks apparal,, followed closely by the venturerider stcker that squidley adorned her with and closely followed by that shiny new lookin stater cover he also rang her bell with!

now,, for folks who dont care much for bikes and are bored with all this bike nonsense.. maybe into bird watching? Got news for you,, those birds in north dakota are of the type that you dont have to go looking for.. I bet we dodged over 50 birds while riding the back roads out there! Just cruise along minding your own business and VAROOM,, down they come.. one of them even attempted a high speed nest building manoover inside a vent in the front of tweeks! The feather you see sticking out of the vent is all thats left.. and NO, the bird didnt leave the wire behind,, a different bird named BIKERJOHN had part in that thing,, now a permanent part of tweeks attire.. if you wanna know what da heck that thing is all about I suggest you ask bikerjohn,, my lips are sealed!

The last pic on here is for all us patriotic americans,, a good buddy asked me before we leftback in May why the heck I was so dead set on going down to the Alamo.. in his words - aint nothing there but a couple ol buoldings in the middle of a big city.. well,, I was NOT going to see buildings, what I was looking for was a feeling, knowledge of how far this country had come and the price folks like bowie, crockett, travis and a rag tag group of volunteers had paid to get it here! Guess what,, I found it!

They spoke as clear to me there as reading or hearing about our modern day fighting men n women of our countrys military does! Yea,,,,,,, REMEMBER THE ALAMO,,, I always will!

20140706_074403.jpg

20140706_074600.jpg

I'm guessin that you have no idea what a trip planner is..... Me thinks you have kidnapped that beauty on the back of your bike and are trying to evade capture. Thus your north south north west east south route. Just make sure your not leaving a trail of ice cream. Keep us Captain's logged and leave some Ice Cream

Guest tx2sturgis

Puc?

I think its time to come home son....the heat must be getting to ya...

I couldnt follow this post...at all.

Why is your bike in a field and why are you taking pictures of feathers, bugs, and ropes?

:think:

...Why is your bike in a field and why are you taking pictures of feathers, bugs, and ropes?...

Showing off the battle scars and mementos of memorable moments.

Sounds like you are having a great trip. Enjoy, ride safe, and who cares about compass headings ! Go with the wind !

Puc?

I think its time to come home son....the heat must be getting to ya...

I couldnt follow this post...at all.

Why is your bike in a field and why are you taking pictures of feathers, bugs, and ropes?

:think:

reasonable, sane and perfect response is found below brian LOL

I'm guessin that you have no idea what a trip planner is..... Me thinks you have kidnapped that beauty on the back of your bike and are trying to evade capture. Thus your north south north west east south route. Just make sure your not leaving a trail of ice cream. Keep us Captain's logged and leave some Ice Cream

oh man brother,, did you TOTALLY misread the relationship between tip n I or what,,, I mean,,,, COME ON!

ok,, see if I can straighten you out,, again.. I AM THE ONE WHO HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED! That tippy wont even let me shut the bike off AND, now that we are almost home all she talk about is wishin we were back in Montana,, or the Black Hills,, or Utah,, or Oregon,, need I go on! Its difficultto live under captivity, down right difficult..

Tell ya what,, why dont you pm sargent coffey and see if he recalls who was the first,, tippy or I to responded to the question of whether or not we go on to mt st helens under less than perfect conditions.. the sargent has probably got the best handle on poor ol pucs plight as he spent a fair amount of ride time with us..

concerning planning,, chasin the wind is a whole lot more fun.. LOL

Showing off the battle scars and mementos of memorable moments.

Sounds like you are having a great trip. Enjoy, ride safe, and who cares about compass headings ! Go with the wind !

OH MY GOODNESS XV, FINALLY SOMEONE WHO GETS IT! NO COMPASS, NO MAPS AND FOR GOSH SAKESNO GPS! Matter of fact, I wouldnt be carrying this lil puter if it werent FORCED on me by my kids who got worried about tip n I last year when we got lost,, what a blast, in Utah last year and they almost called the cops to go search for us,, my response to them was,, now ya know how it feels! Dont laugh,, dead serious!

anyway xv,, THANK YOU for stating it perfectly..

on another note txsturgis, if your still following this,, please note that I only havea few pics on this tablet for stories to be written from.. stories without pics are like penut butter without jellie.. the bulk of our pics and vids too, are on our camera and wont be accessable till we get home.. thats a big part of my jumping around.. didnt mean to confuse you my friend!

Ah!

but still....:think:

cowpuc,

it would be my privilege to buy you both :cool10: a root beer if you get through north central Illinois!

enjoying your pics and stories.

Mike

Hi mike,, why THANK YOU for the offer! We are going to have to pass on this one BUT, does the offer stand for the future too? Tippy LOVES rootbeer but I gotta have a scoop of ice cream in mine... HINT HINT, LOL

Puc, man, I for one have thoughly enjoyed your ramblings and wish I weren't so tied down that I could be doing the same thing as you. Maybe one day... . Ride safe my friend.

Wow,, THANKS FOR THE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT KIRBY! Its greatly appreciated!

And brother,, IT WILL COME,, seems like it was just a BLINK of time since my kids were little and one was on the back and tippy was home with the other 3! She is a treasure,, a TREASURE IN PERSON,, T.I.P who can variefy what I am trying to say...

I too have thoroughly enjoyed your posts! Touring means different things to different people. By following your posts, I have been able to live vicariously through your meanderings of this great country of ours!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Safe trip home!

My ears were burning and up popped this thread. What is your next unscripted trip?

Thanks for the kind words.

Keep on 'Puc'n !

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmmmmm,,,, if I knew and told you wouldnt that make it scripted VentureFar? :rotf::stirthepot:

I do know one thing though,, this grass cuttin, kids car fixin, summer chore business is for the birds... Gotta find time to replace the back tire,, again,,, and change oil,,, again,,, on Tweeks.. My trigger finger is just ichin like crazy!!!!

HEY,, VENTUREFAR,, YOU OUT THERE BUDDY? Hope your ears are ringing this morning!

Heres the deal gang.. a few days ago (seems that way) I noticed that some ying yang had created a thread about a party up in oregon,, at THE DALLES (NOT DALLES OREGON - I stay and stand corrected guys).. sounded like fun so I signed tip n I up..

Venturefar sent a note out gto all us wanna be ironbutt envious rascals that stated something like,, if you have trouble remembering who you are I am willing to make name tags to help you,,,, ok,, maybe not worded quite like that but, as I recall, mine was...

being the typy of bum that does have a problem remembering the day, month, year and location of my own existance, ESPECIALLY WHEN BIKING, I thought it best to inquire..

the tags were/are Gorgeous!

When I saw a pic of venturefars work I KNEW TWEEKS WOULD BE HEART BROKEN IF SHE HADDA COME HOME WITHOUT ONE. I sent an inquiry to my now, good friend, venturefar thinking he was either gonna think me crazy OR he wouldnt be able to resist.. turns out,, ol puc aint the only one on the site of misfits with a crazystreek!

The main reason for this thread is to commend venturefar for his high quality work.. notice, if you will, that even juice filled bug storms from alberta canada and glaicer usa cant bring neils work to a breaking point! This man does awesome work! My hats off to you venturefar for a job well done! Also, that hand made back off whip is beyond question,, the fanciest part of all of tweeks apparal,, followed closely by the venturerider stcker that squidley adorned her with and closely followed by that shiny new lookin stater cover he also rang her bell with!

now,, for folks who dont care much for bikes and are bored with all this bike nonsense.. maybe into bird watching? Got news for you,, those birds in north dakota are of the type that you dont have to go looking for.. I bet we dodged over 50 birds while riding the back roads out there! Just cruise along minding your own business and VAROOM,, down they come.. one of them even attempted a high speed nest building manoover inside a vent in the front of tweeks! The feather you see sticking out of the vent is all thats left.. and NO, the bird didnt leave the wire behind,, a different bird named BIKERJOHN had part in that thing,, now a permanent part of tweeks attire.. if you wanna know what da heck that thing is all about I suggest you ask bikerjohn,, my lips are sealed!

The last pic on here is for all us patriotic americans,, a good buddy asked me before we leftback in May why the heck I was so dead set on going down to the Alamo.. in his words - aint nothing there but a couple ol buoldings in the middle of a big city.. well,, I was NOT going to see buildings, what I was looking for was a feeling, knowledge of how far this country had come and the price folks like bowie, crockett, travis and a rag tag group of volunteers had paid to get it here! Guess what,, I found it!

They spoke as clear to me there as reading or hearing about our modern day fighting men n women of our countrys military does! Yea,,,,,,, REMEMBER THE ALAMO,,, I always will!

All of that is well and good and I appreciate you sharing the details of your riding adventure immensely but, I have just a few comments.

You ain't seen a juice filled bug battle until you do The Iowa corn fields at night. Those grasshoppers are about the size and shape of a Stinger missile as they zoom toward you in your headlight beam.

And the last picture of you and Tippy in front of the Texas sign, That's not an arrow sticking out of Tippy's back is it?

All of that is well and good and I appreciate you sharing the details of your riding adventure immensely but, I have just a few comments.

You ain't seen a juice filled bug battle until you do The Iowa corn fields at night. Those grasshoppers are about the size and shape of a Stinger missile as they zoom toward you in your headlight beam.

And the last picture of you and Tippy in front of the Texas sign, That's not an arrow sticking out of Tippy's back is it?

BROTHER YOU NAILED IT ON THE IOWA BUGS STATEMENT! That corn they grow is HUGE, I suspect those bugs just grow right along with the corn.. Reminds of something though Bob.. number of years ago my daughter and I were crossing Nebraska back country roads, bugs thicker than aunt jemimas syrup, we stopped on the side of the road for a potty break, swattin bugs,, stepped into da bushes and found a monument marking the Chisolm Trail! It was wayyyyyyyy cool!

About Tippys arrow... We were crossing into texas from oklahoma,, caught a glimpse of 5 pinto ponies being ridden by what appeared to be 5 Comanche warriors,, Tweeks let out the strangest sound as an arrow brushed her rad, tippy reached back an unhooked her back off whip (thanks venturfar)... 5 warriors learned a lesson they will never forget from a skinny little dutch girl riding on the back of a tired ol Yamaha that day! She is an awesome riding partner, a great wife and a mom who tamed 4 kids and one Puc.. She went thru those 5 Comanches like a Texas dust storm!

No idea how to get that arrow out,, we been using it to hang wet clothes on to dry,,,, spose we oughta check into an arrow removal process eay... Not sure that tip will go along with having it removed though,, since its in her back, I have to do all the laundry cause her arms dont bend that way,, she is really enjoying watching me do laundry for a change..

No idea what that is...

Puc

Edited by cowpuc

Puc, man do I enjoy reading your posts. reminds me of when I had time to ride straight through 30 days of leave without a care of which way the wind took me. Always was a sad day to have to get back to base. Had a little sporty back then that did every state west o the Mississippi. Great fun, great memories. Hopin for the day when I can call this work-a-day mundane life done with and start livin again.

keep on adventurin and writin.

Puc, man do I enjoy reading your posts. reminds me of when I had time to ride straight through 30 days of leave without a care of which way the wind took me. Always was a sad day to have to get back to base. Had a little sporty back then that did every state west o the Mississippi. Great fun, great memories. Hopin for the day when I can call this work-a-day mundane life done with and start livin again.

keep on adventurin and writin.

Hey Cagie,, glad you enjoy the writings,, just tellin it the way it unfolds my friend.. As you know from your experiences from your 30 day adventure,, the wind does carry some interesting critters and experiences with it!!

Reading your response brings back one of my younger year hero memories.. You ever watch THAN CAME BRONSON?? Tippy and I sing the theme from that ol show a LOT while riding the last 3 hours of a long day on the road... Aint nothing like it brother,, favorite song, favorite ride partner, best part of the ride day (I call it magic hour) and GLORIOUS sunsets... Man Cage,, now ya got me wanting to head right back out!!!

Though make believe (tv show),, Bronson did the sporty thing.. I too have since owned many sporties over the years (non of the newer ones - I hear they are very dependable and good riders).. My last one a 59 XLCH that I built a chopper out of was a fun bike but about 50 miles a day was max for me on that ol hardtail!! Got a pic or two to share with ya for your musings..

What year of sporty did you run? Set up for touring or were you one of those young crazies running no shield an stuff tied on with rope and the like... Got any pics to share??

Your ol pal

Puc

ti3 (175).JPG

ti3 (176).JPG

Hey Cagie,, glad you enjoy the writings,, just tellin it the way it unfolds my friend.. As you know from your experiences from your 30 day adventure,, the wind does carry some interesting critters and experiences with it!!

Reading your response brings back one of my younger year hero memories.. You ever watch THAN CAME BRONSON?? Tippy and I sing the theme from that ol show a LOT while riding the last 3 hours of a long day on the road... Aint nothing like it brother,, favorite song, favorite ride partner, best part of the ride day (I call it magic hour) and GLORIOUS sunsets... Man Cage,, now ya got me wanting to head right back out!!!

Though make believe (tv show),, Bronson did the sporty thing.. I too have since owned many sporties over the years (non of the newer ones - I hear they are very dependable and good riders).. My last one a 59 XLCH that I built a chopper out of was a fun bike but about 50 miles a day was max for me on that ol hardtail!! Got a pic or two to share with ya for your musings..

What year of sporty did you run? Set up for touring or were you one of those young crazies running no shield an stuff tied on with rope and the like... Got any pics to share??

Your ol pal

Puc

Hey Puc,

Mine was a '73 XLCH right hand shift. got it in '86 from a fellow AF rider for a song and a dance. Over the years it went through several incarnations, rebuilt and bored out to 1200. In '88 I rode to Texas via Sturgis. Blew the entire electrical system just outside of Spearfish. Rebuilt the whole thing right there in the campground and went on to Texas, 2 up mind you. Hail storm/Tornado in Colorado, dust storm in west Texas.

Couple of trips out west to Washington state and down the PCH to San Diego to visit family then across to TX and MS. Never changed oil, leaked enough all I did was keep adding. Sometimes would get a little worried when I couldn't find any place with a couple quarts open at 2 in the morning LOL. That sporty was a lot of fun, got me in trouble a few times LOL. Had to sell it back in '01 due to financial difficulties (hard to pay 2 alimonies and child support)...

Got to PA after I retired from the AF in '03. picked up a little 250 Rebel to get me through the itch to ride. Even road it to FL and TX a couple of times.

Life is good on the road. Never really was too much into the 'biker' movies. was having too much fun making my own adventures. sure do miss that. I cherish those times now a days when I do get to stretch out and let the wind carry me whichever way. Lucky I have a partner now that understands and is even getting more and more into riding (sometimes it takes some people a lot of time to fully understand the passion...)

Cheers mate, may the wind be in your face and the rubber side always down.

[ATTACH]85603[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]85604[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]85605[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]85606[/ATTACH]

BROTHER YOU NAILED IT ON THE IOWA BUGS STATEMENT! That corn they grow is HUGE, I suspect those bugs just grow right along with the corn.. Reminds of something though Bob.. number of years ago my daughter and I were crossing Nebraska back country roads, bugs thicker than aunt jemimas syrup, we stopped on the side of the road for a potty break, swattin bugs,, stepped into da bushes and found a monument marking the Chisolm Trail! It was wayyyyyyyy cool!

About Tippys arrow... We were crossing into texas from oklahoma,, caught a glimpse of 5 pinto ponies being ridden by what appeared to be 5 Comanche warriors,, Tweeks let out the strangest sound as an arrow brushed her rad, tippy reached back an unhooked her back off whip (thanks venturfar)... 5 warriors learned a lesson they will never forget from a skinny little dutch girl riding on the back of a tired ol Yamaha that day! She is an awesome riding partner, a great wife and a mom who tamed 4 kids and one Puc.. She went thru those 5 Comanches like a Texas dust storm!

No idea how to get that arrow out,, we been using it to hang wet clothes on to dry,,,, spose we oughta check into an arrow removal process eay... Not sure that tip will go along with having it removed though,, since its in her back, I have to do all the laundry cause her arms dont bend that way,, she is really enjoying watching me do laundry for a change..

No idea what that is...

Puc

I've followed that Chisholm trail, as well as the Bozeman Trail, the Santa Fe Trail, Pioneer trail and many others. But, I don't have to tell you about Long distance motorcycle adventures

On the subject of stumbling off the road and finding markers.

There is a place in North Georgia called Talking Rock not too far from Vogel. On one of the thousands of trips up that way we stopped to check it out. It was just about 50' off the road. Several huge boulders with ancient markings on them. The adjoining plague said 10,000 years old. Now with that said, No way Christopher Columbus or the Vikings discovered North America. No bugs to speak of though.

Leaving the Taos canyon in New Mexico I left the road to visit nature and discovered a dead body, (Skeleton) floating in a creek pool.

On worst bugs encountered:

Mosquitoes in Alaska was the worst by far. They are so bad that many of the locals call them the State Bird. I have a picture somewhere of me riding a mosquito with a twelve foot wing span, a six foot fuselage and a 4 foot stinger. Although it is hard to tell in the snapshot that it was made out of wood. Someone carved that monument for a reason.

Then there are those pesky NO-SEE-UMS down in Florida that are so bad they will make you want to jump in alligator and snake infested water just to get away from them.

Let's not forget the black flies up in, Where was it? I'm thinking the Boulder fields on the Appalachian trail up around West Virginia. If my memory serves me correctly.

Right now I'm dealing with a flea infestation around the yard that has caused me to leave the squirrels alone and shift my attention to the fleas.

Edited by Dragonslayer

hmmmmmm,,,, if I knew and told you wouldnt that make it scripted VentureFar? :rotf::stirthepot:

I do know one thing though,, this grass cuttin, kids car fixin, summer chore business is for the birds... Gotta find time to replace the back tire,, again,,, and change oil,,, again,,, on Tweeks.. My trigger finger is just ichin like crazy!!!!

Get all that Honey do crap off the list and head south to Ala_Dam_Bame for the International. That can be that far for an old Iron Butt hippy like you.

Hey Puc,

Mine was a '73 XLCH right hand shift. got it in '86 from a fellow AF rider for a song and a dance. Over the years it went through several incarnations, rebuilt and bored out to 1200. In '88 I rode to Texas via Sturgis. Blew the entire electrical system just outside of Spearfish. Rebuilt the whole thing right there in the campground and went on to Texas, 2 up mind you. Hail storm/Tornado in Colorado, dust storm in west Texas.

Couple of trips out west to Washington state and down the PCH to San Diego to visit family then across to TX and MS. Never changed oil, leaked enough all I did was keep adding. Sometimes would get a little worried when I couldn't find any place with a couple quarts open at 2 in the morning LOL. That sporty was a lot of fun, got me in trouble a few times LOL. Had to sell it back in '01 due to financial difficulties (hard to pay 2 alimonies and child support)...

Got to PA after I retired from the AF in '03. picked up a little 250 Rebel to get me through the itch to ride. Even road it to FL and TX a couple of times.

Life is good on the road. Never really was too much into the 'biker' movies. was having too much fun making my own adventures. sure do miss that. I cherish those times now a days when I do get to stretch out and let the wind carry me whichever way. Lucky I have a partner now that understands and is even getting more and more into riding (sometimes it takes some people a lot of time to fully understand the passion...)

Cheers mate, may the wind be in your face and the rubber side always down.

[ATTACH]85603[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]85604[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]85605[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]85606[/ATTACH]

OUTSTANDING!! GREAT read and AWESOME PICS Cage! I love the looks of that ol sporty brother and I, personally, LOVE the fact that you used it! :clap2:

Best wishes to you and your riding partner as you work closer to getting back on the open road together! Your ending salutation goes both ways my friend!!:backinmyday:

Puc