IGNORED

Polaris Slingshot?

Freebird

Interesting concept and it's been done before. Rex and the one that was made by Corbin come to mind. My guess is that they'll try competing head to head with the BRP Spyders. so look for a $20 k+ price tag. :confused24:

They'll have to really offer some incentives if they intend to sell many.

Larry

3 wheeler rentals around SanFran last summer, similar concept. Requirements are a drivers liscence and helmet. They refered to them as cars.

Didn't pay much attention at the time, but kinda interesting.

MAX OH my it looked like Herbie got whacked in the rear and thats whats left. Similar stuff over by Daytona, only I think they are conventional 3 wheeler scooter things. 1 wheel in front, but small. People clog the streets with them things in season.

Guest tx2sturgis

Campagna Motors has had the T-Rex in production for years...but they are VERY expensive and usually built to order.

http://www.campagnamotors.com/

If Polaris builds it, (the Slingshot) they will come.

Especially if you can buy one, with an established dealer network, for somewhere in the $20,000 range.

The Stallion is another 'niche' 3-wheeler and they sell every one they build.

:happy34:

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis
While sailing around the San Juan Islands, I rented one of these for the day. Kind of like a Vespa - Can Am Style.

They look like they would be fun to tool around in...did you happen to notice the brand or manufacturer?

• 3 weeks later...

I got an e-mail from polaris the other day. I am signed up to get Victory info so I have to imagine thats why. So still smoke and mirrors non-descriptive info.

But from what I have seen one name comes to mind...EDSEL

Looks like 2 person side by side seating with car like seats, a steering wheel on the left side like a car. A center console with radio shifter and other stuff you would normally find in the center of a car.

So more like a 3 wheel car than like a motorcycle.

At least in Wisconsin if it has 3 wheels it is considered a motorcycle and requires a MC endorsement on your drivers license.

Even though it is in reality a 3 wheel car it does not have seat belts (at least the professional driver on a closed course in their video were not wearing seat belts) and the driver and passenger will still have to wear a helmet in states that require it (the driver and passenger in the video were wearing full bike gear).

With the bucket seats, I am not sure how hard it would be to bail out if you had to.

Many years ago I avoided potentially serious injuries by jumping straight up off a bike so I did not have to take the head on with a 1970's Olds 98 that the bike took. Bike was totaled. I skinned my elbow, and bruised my knee, only gear back then was a helmet.