IGNORED

I need thoughts and prayers

My eldest brother, my Bubba, had a stroke on Monday, before and since then he's apparently been having ministrokes that have left him with speech and coordination issues. I'm angry and upset that I had to find out when my niece (who is 18mons older than me) made a post on facebook asking for prayers for him before I was even told what's going on. Admittedly we are not close, a 30 yr age gap didn't allow us to have a relationship, but he's the last of my Dad's family aside from my nieces and nephews. I'm having a really hard time getting told I shouldn't/can't go see him because he's being a class A jerk right now. Class A jerk I can deal with, not seeing him if the worst happens is a heck of a lot harder, pray for him and me, mostly me so I don't go show why getting a redhead pissed off is a bad idea.

I regret to hear of your difficulty.

Quite simply, what you should do is what you (only!) think best to do! Don't listen to, be concerned with or influenced by the rants and/or comments of others.

This is about doing what is right, according to you!

You are right, and I know that, but I have no idea if I made the trip to the VA hospital in Augusta if he's there, when he will if he hasn't already been discharged, on where his apt is or what other arrangements have been made. I doubt my niece even told him I asked to see him. If I hear something more by Sat I know the hubby will say to go and will probably take me (long trips like that aren't easy on me now. I just know with him being 70 and neither of us getting younger time works against us for now.

But missing an opportunity can last for a Life time. 4 trips from Ca to NJ only to be asked why you came? 2 hours to late to hear it the 5th trip.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you for discernment and wisdom, and peace with whatever decision you make. :bighug: