IGNORED

Well my friends,, its time for Tippy and I to go chase the wind..

cowpuc

Was a longgg hard winter (thanks again Fool) and a wet wet spring,, after all the hard work of snow removal and installing sump pumps (glad thats over) it is now time to go tear along the dotted line.. General plan is to leave in the morning. Intending to slip down 55 under The Windy City, plow thru all those storms going on down there and catch 44 down to Oklahoma City.. Gonna slip down 35 out of O. City to the Alamo, than 10 to 285 up to Carlsbad, down to Guatalupe and the Caverns NP, back up 285 to Roswell and so on and so forth.. Certainly not written in stone,, never really know where we may end up but its a generality anyway..

I think I have the Tablet figured out that the kids gave us for Christmas and plan to try and keep a short ride log going on here (did a test in the VR test booth and even got pics from it to work:cool10:)..

PLEASE feel free to post weather warnings, sites to see, road problems for us if you happen to be along our general path or hear something we should be aware of, info and hearing from friends is always appreciated..

If you see the bike in the pic below PLEASE flag us down and say howdy!!

Tippy and I are generally pretty good folks and would love to touch base with anyone thats willing to do the same!!

Got the war bike at the museum in storage, son and daughter staying at the house so no need to turn off the mail, basement dried up nicely, grass is cut.. Bike is as ready as possible and so are we!!

Hope to see a BUNCH of you on the road - folks headed to "The Dalles" Rally,,,,, prepare to defend yourselves:stickpoke:

Happy Trails

Puc n Tippy

DSCN3442.JPG

Your trip sounds like much of what I had planned, even starting on the same day. But, **** happens and the Southwest motorcycle trip is off and we are heading for the Wisconsin/Michigan Northwoods in the cage instead.

Have fun Scott, and BE SAFE! Watch out for the Other Guy, 'cuz they don't give a **** about YOU!

I hope you have a wonderful trip! My wife and I are in Lone Pine, СA tonight, the location where many movies were filmed including one of my favorites, "Tremors". On to Sequoia National Park tomorrow and then to Yosemite, to San Francisco and flying home. We went on the sissy plan, flying and driving a car!

Be safe and have a great trip. Not sure you have any more room for stickers on the bike though.

:rotf:Those arent stickers,, those are precious memories and glass repair kits = LOTS of room for more.. Now I am in the process of stitching them all together with VIP Signatures.... Please sign the old girl if you ever get the chance Evan..

Your trip sounds like much of what I had planned, even starting on the same day. But, **** happens and the Southwest motorcycle trip is off and we are heading for the Wisconsin/Michigan Northwoods in the cage instead.

Have fun Scott, and BE SAFE! Watch out for the Other Guy, 'cuz they don't give a **** about YOU!

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT PRAIRIE - I WILL BE WATCHING FOR THE OTHER GUY!!

I-55 just south of I-80 is a parking lot for 10 miles. There is bridge construction across the I-55 Des Plaines River bridge. After the bridge it is wide open. Have a great trip.:fingers-crossed-emo

THANK YOU MONEY!!! WE WILL AVOID IT!! THE INFO IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!

Hey, Puc, have you ever read Blue Highways, by William Least Heat Moon?

RandyA

Hmmmmm Randy,, cant say I have.. Is it a good one??

I do sing "Blue Shadows On The Trail" by the Sons of the Pioneers a lot though...

Only 20 minutes from Wilton possibly when your in town.

COOL,,,,,,,, let me pull some road names for you from memory and see if you recognize them EasyRider,, Alta Mesa, Woods, Tavernor, Grant Line, Dillard,, "99" :rotf:

I will definitly let you know when we are in the area - at least get a pre Dalles HOWDY in my friend!!!! :backinmyday:

If ya gets lost and I happen to see you,,, does I need to redirect you??? or keep Tippy??? maybe just feed you.

Have a great trip and may He shine on you!

Indeed Carl,, if you see me headed away from some gorgeous riding op that you know of PLEASE redirect me - this is what I consider lost.. Otherwise,, if you KNOW I am lost ya might wanna follow me cause historically,, thats how the best riding happens to us..

YA CANT HAVE TIPPY - SHE"S MINE :stickinouttounge:

And PLEASE,, pretty please - FEED ME IF YA SEE ME,, I think I gotta tape worm.. :fatsmiley:

I WANT A CARL BURGER!!! :backinmyday::backinmyday::backinmyday::backinmyday:

Indeed Carl,, if you see me headed away from some gorgeous riding op that you know of PLEASE redirect me - this is what I consider lost.. Otherwise,, if you KNOW I am lost ya might wanna follow me cause historically,, thats how the best riding happens to us..

YA CANT HAVE TIPPY - SHE"S MINE :stickinouttounge:

And PLEASE,, pretty please - FEED ME IF YA SEE ME,, I think I gotta tape worm.. :fatsmiley:

I WANT A CARL BURGER!!! :backinmyday::backinmyday::backinmyday::backinmyday:

Well then, you need to be redirected before you start, but I won't convince you, so ride on my friend and enjoy.

You can keep Tippy, I have more in one than I can handle, and I wouldn't give her up either.

If you show up here, there's more than one Carlsberg waiting for you.

Puc, we need to get you a copy of Blue Highways. It is the story of a teacher that lost his job and prepped a Ford van and made a treck all around the country. The term blue highways is from the old maps having the back roads colored in blue. Very well written and interesting book.

If you happen to be riding along and see a used book store, there is usually a copy available for a buck or two. If you can not find a copy, I will send you one. I think you will enjoy it.

RandyA

On this tablet, hard to type with this little pen . I have fat fingers... got lost in windy city, looked for a carlsburg, couldnt find no help from marcarl, he must have been sleepln.

rode 57 down to avoid problems mentioned on 55.

made down to to a small town in missouri called newburg on edge of mark twain national forest. Drove 2 tracks 8 miles into national forest. Found perfect camp spot over valley. 1 4x4 truck went by at 2am, gorgeous nites. Sleep.

Rode bunch of route 66 out of missouri. Hopped on 44, toll road into okie was terrible boring so jumped on 69 down thru indian res. Muskogee is cool, mid okie has huge lake area for miles, indians loved the horns on tweeks. Met guy with blonde 83 on trailer. Looked like new. Told him of vr. He signed tweeks.

Finally made it to texas, now in dennison. Folks are very nice here, most arefraid of tweeks.

Hope I got road names right an in proper order, gettin tired:rotf:

Its warm here, actually gettin my riding tan back, tippysdoing great. Bike loves the carb needle drop. Went to .068 on shim height, stock is .122. Perfect results for old tweeks.

Getting kicked out of mcdonalds so must go. More in future.

20140601_091803.jpg

20140601_182430.jpg