IGNORED

Trunk lid hinge

1:20% of the time it's in the trunk Minus a screw

2:In the locked open position it's barely open

3:The full open position is where I would like it to stay when it is open

4:Optional like the cd player: would like it to open and close with a button on my key ring!!!

:whistling:

2:In the locked open position it's barely open......

Mine was like that but was caused by someone forcing it down without pushing it back first to close it.....I just forced mine back a bit and it opens quite wide now.

Maybe part of your problem?

Keith

That happenned to me last year and it was one of the screws that had worked itself loose. Had to completely disassemble the mechanism to allow it to open fully and then reassembled it. Works like a charm now, but that two step process for closing it is annoying:bang head:

:canada:

That happenned to me last year and it was one of the screws that had worked itself loose. Had to completely disassemble the mechanism to allow it to open fully and then reassembled it. Works like a charm now, but that two step process for closing it is annoying:bang head:

:canada:

Exactly what happened to me. Luckily the screw fell inside.

In reassembling it I was impressed the the simplicity of this mechanism but I agree the two step close is a pain. FYI mine opens to full 90 degree angle anything more would be "over center "

VentureFar...

I eliminated the hinge entirely. Replaced it with a length of steel cable. Looped the cable thru the pivot holes, then crimped the loop with matching aluminum crimps. Adjust the other end so that the lid opens about 85-90*. Works great. :cool10:

Larry