IGNORED

Catterbox WIRED Headsets

I've been looking to get a headset since I picked this bike up and sold the bluetooth system with the last bike. I came across a Chatterbox CBDNRFHSB Wired headset on eBay on the rather inexpensive side. There is only 1 Amazon review and its positive. Does anyone here have any experience with these?

I have chatterboxes on my wife and I's full coverage and they are almost comparable with the low end J&M, but I haven't had them a full year yet, so durability might be an issue. I have this one in one of my openfaces and absolutely love it though. Made by Show Chrome on chromeworlds website http://www.chromeworld.com/1995-goldwing-gl1500-aspencade-parts/headset-and-audio/show-chrome-helmet-headset-13-201, they are $65-85 on fleabay too, under showchrome

Edited by SapperMedic

• 4 weeks later...

Have the blue tooth headset, not liking it too much. Need to find a wired headset that we both can use designed for our cable connect system not included with our used 2007 venture.

Anybody out there have a link for wired head set/ mic???????

I bought the lesser expensive of the J&M headsets. I think its "performance" series. I got them off E-bay from wing house or something like that. I think I gave somewhere around $70-90 back then. Knowing what I do now and the sound quality etc of those headsets and the mic I would either bump up a level or just go wireless. I really think blutooth would be the way to go, if you GPS has an out put for BT and your phone. I have in the mean time wired my bike so I can run earbuds to actually hear the radio and the wife without having to say "huh" about every five words.

I have in the mean time wired my bike so I can run earbuds to actually hear the radio and the wife without having to say "huh" about every five words.
How did you wire earbuds in? I have the same 'huh' issue.

I have a set of chatterbox headsets I bought about 6 years ago. I think they were $89.00 but I don't remember if that was for each one or total. I haven't had any problem with them. Three years ago I bought 2 adapters from edsets that have the plug, I think it is 8MM, so I could use earbuds. I cut the wire for the speakers you mount in the helmet and removed them. The sound quality of the ear buds is excellent and you can use them with any helmet since you don't have speakers to mount in the helmet.