IGNORED

Dual Purpose bike

Mikealiasmike

My son (15 yo) is just getting into riding motorcycles and I'm looking for a reasonable dual purpose bike. He hasn't had much practice riding so for his benefit (and mine) I'd like to find a nice 250 reasonably priced. Any folks out there got one in the garage you want to get rid of? Would like to keep below 1500.00 if possible

Hi Mike

Just wondering,,, how much experience does he have,, if he is starting from scratch with no experience and you have access to some off road riding area - or even a big yard - the little XR100/XR80 kinda bikes are perfect trainers - learning off road first is best case senario IMHO (lots of folks dont agree with that)..

Lotta bikes for sale out there,, watch Craigs in your area (use Adhuntr - all of Craigs),, you will find him what he needs!!

Best wishes in doing so!!

Puc

Any of the 250 street legal enduro's would be perfect. probably should choose one with a 4 stroke engine rather than a 2 stroke. Just remember to use either enduro or street tires on it rather than full knobbys. And I agree with the learning off road bit. just don't forget to practice slow riding over obstacles as well as barreling around at high speed. Slow speed riding over obstacles is good for developing balance and control.