IGNORED

RSV Seat Modification

First_N_Last

I've searched for 10 minutes so far...

Does anyone have a link to info about a member who modifies & stuffs the stock seat for better comfort & fit?

I just can't find it & my seat feels like it was modified to be lower for a shorter/smaller rider.

A certain part of me gets crushed into the end of the gas tank & I need to get it altered if I can.

JB

Rick Butler,Rick_Butler@verizon.net

look under classifieds and you will find him. He modified mine during Christmas. Just took first LD of the year. 100% better than the stock. With stock I was good for about 3 hours then pain. Took 2 800 mile trips this weekend. got a solid 9 hours before I had to squirm but even at that point there was no pain just finding a new comfortable spot.

I also added some kuryakan long horns that added some extra relief. Rick does a very nice job and very affordable. I would advise getting both seats done at the same time. After the wife felt mine, now she wants passenger seat done. and also order the seat nuts which make it easier for taking on and off the seat.

Rick is 2 thumbs up.

Here is my latest communication with Rick...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Rick;

The seat is coming to you via UPS...

The first UPS store I went to measured wrong & over charged me. I went on line & checked cost & then went back to the store to get it corrected. She then lied to me & said the cost is the cost, so I told her to refund it. Then I went to another store & sent it for a round trip cost $40 less than the 1st store.

Argh! Just sent you a gift through paypal.

John B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My recommendation - measure yourself - go on-line to UPS & generate your own shipping labels - then simply drop off the box at a UPS store. Store clerks don't care very much about correct measurements.

:thumbsup:

JB