IGNORED

Riding shoes 6"

CaptainJoe

I just got back from Nelsonville, OH.

Believe I've finally found the perfect riding/work shoes for about $154. They were 25% off at the outlet!

Waterproof, Aluminum toe, superior ankle support, ease of ingress/egress, Very light weight and comfortable, double stitched sole

http://www.rockyboots.com/rocky-long-range-aluminum-toe-waterproof-work-shoe/FQ0006878.html?dwvar_FQ0006878_color=20#q=6878&start=1

I'm not affiliated with Rocky or any other shoe/boot company....

Edited by CaptainJoe

I bought a pair of SWAT boots a couple of years ago and they have stood up very well and are definitely waterproof.

Because of how comfortable they were, when I was due for new boots for work I got a pair of "green patch" SWAT boots. If you are looking for a quality, light weight boot that you can wear all day check out http://www.originalswat.com/us_en/products/by-feature/where/technology/safety-toe_waterproof_slip--to-resistant.html

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes there is a myriad of shoes that are waterproof, light, comfortable, with ankle support and toe protection.

That being said, This one, IMHO makes the perfect work/motorcycle boot.

When I lifted these, they were lighter than my sneakers...LOL

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes there is a myriad of shoes that are waterproof, light, comfortable, with ankle support and toe protection.

That being said, This one, IMHO makes the perfect work/motorcycle boot.

When I lifted these, they were lighter than my sneakers...LOL

Can not go wrong with Rocky's...or any boot that makes you comfy.

I have on ly had one pair of boots beside regular rain type boots that have been "water proof". Those are a pair of GI issue (when I was active duty) Matterhorn Gortex. They are like 10" or more high and warm. I wear them if I'm riding and its cold. other than that I just make sure they are polished good and have a coat of boot polish on them I have had very little problem with wet feet. Something I learned working for our Uncle Sam.

Barry which 511 do you have. How do you like them?

[quote=djh3;826555

Barry which 511 do you have. How do you like them?

Dion,

I have the 6" tactical boot called ATAC. Model number on tongue reads: 120204

12018 PFC 8635

picked them up last year, or 2 at Gander mountain in Ocala. came with cool looking boot knife. i use this waterproofing bees wax and other natural secret ingredients picked up at Bikeweek and it really does waterproof the leather. tested it on purpose in the rain and used the garden hose. water slides right off. the leathers do stay soft and pliable. I like them

Thanks Barry. Those are kind of the ones I have been looking at. I dont care for zip up boots. Had some years ago in the USAF and they always felt loose on my feet. Also get a discount thru the company for 511. My year old plus Wolverines are to the point very little tread on bottoms. Also I dont like a boot with the deep huge treads on the bottom. They pick up to much junk.

• 1 year later...

I have had good experiences with the Red Wing work boots. I know they are a little more expensive, but they are worth it to me, once I saw the quality and tried them on. I also appreciate the fact they stand behind their product and even offer repair and custom fit services.

00608redwing.jpg