IGNORED

Diaphragms from a 2001 RSV available

(moderators: if this should've been posted elsewhere, feel free to move it. Alternately, let me know where to and I'll move it myself. In both cases, please accept my apologies for posting in the wrong place)

I'm going through my carbs this week because I'm fed up with looking at the new parts bag, constantly reminding me that it's yet another example of stuff I got and don't use :-) I just got them off the bike today, broke them apart and went through #4. Replaced float valve, air cut diaphragm and spring, main diaphragm and spring, little O-ring in the cover, choke plunger set and float bowl O-ring.

The main diaphragm looks good -- no cracks, no pin holes and still flexible. I changed it with the new one because that what I set out to do anyway.

I will go through the other three carbs tomorrow and I'll report back on the "old" diaphragms' status. If anyone here wants them, I'm happy to let them go.

Now for some Q&A:

Q: What state is "Dublin", man?

A: Ireland, across the pond. I'll be happy to put all/each in an envelope and even pay for postage to the US or wherever you may be.

Q: Why don't you keep them, you know, for a future bad day?

A: I plan to sell the bike soon...ish and people here don't pay extra for "it comes with a bag of spares". The diaphragms seem rather rare/expensive so I thought I'd give something back to the community.

Q: If you took them from your bike and you're in Ireland, doesn't that make them useless for a US RSV?

A: On the contrary, the only difference between the US (4XY) and the EU and Australian model (5JC) in what carbs are concerned is the needle kit (4XY-1490J-00-00 vs. 5JC-1490J-00-00); everything else is identical, including the diaphragms.

Q: And you're giving them away, like, for free?

A: Since you're asking, I need about half a dozen small parts (nuts, cotter pins etc.) for which shipping isn't worth it. I'm happy to send the ~10USD that places like Partzilla want for them via PayPal if you'd be so kind to send them back in return. I'll even include a self-addressed envelope if you like :-)

That's all, may I have a show of hands for who wants some RSV carb diaphragms?

I don't really need the diaphragms but if you will let me know the nuts, cotter pins, etc. you need, I will gather them up and send them on to you.

Most items I can likely get from our local hardware store.

Glad to help.

RR

Thanks for the kind offer, RedRider :-)

The parts I need are:

1x Yamaha 90461-15100-00 (plastic P-clamp, holds front end of clutch pipe, under the engine sump)

4x Yamaha 3EN-14997-00-00 (plastic-to-aluminium rubber bushing seal, seals fuel pipe to carb body, center of carb assembly)

4x Yamaha 1FN-14565-00-00 (philips screw with flange head, holds body of float valve inside float bowl)

Partzilla wants 31.26USD for the parts and 43.99USD for shipping; PartShark wants 27.72USD for the parts and 50USD for shipping. While I'm extremely happy with the first number, I outright refuse to pay shipping that's more expensive than the product bought -- especially, when we're talking small, inexpensive stuff.

Please let me know how (and if) you want to go ahead with this and many thanks once again :)