IGNORED

coolant

Rodburner

Interesting topic, one of my 1st gens had obviously had non aluminum friendly anti-freeze used in it.. I found that out when I went to update the water pump impellar and noticed that the inside of water pump casing was majorly eaten away and globs of gelled goo came out.. I did ride that puppy out to its retirement but always wondered what the rest of the "hidden" aluminum coolant jackets looked like :no-no-no:

Just read the label and make sure the coolant is compatible with aluminum!!! For anti freeze, a 50/50 mix provides the lowest freezing temperature. Believe it or not, straight anti freeze will freeze at a somewhat higher temperature than a half and half mix. This is especially important for people in Minnesota...

Any quality automotive green antifreeze will work in the Ventures. I always do as the others and mix it with distilled water. I dont buy the 50/50 as your really loosing money. I buy a gallon of 100% antifreeze, 1 gallon of distilled water and mix them to 50/50. Twice the product for just slightly over half the price...

:2cents: