IGNORED

1st Gen 4 gauge replacement battery cable sets avaliable

I am making heavy duty 4 gauge sets of 1st gen (83-93) battery cables.

Included are three cables, positive battery to solenoid, solenoid to starter and negative battery to ground.

40 amp main fuse, ATC style with 2 fuses furnished (1 spare).

Harness leads are 12 gauge wire. The harness terminals have the mating housing that will plug into the existing connectors on the harness. No soldering or cutting required.

#4 gauge welding cable, 364 strand copper, EPDM insulation oil & flame resistant, black. -50 deg C to +105 deg C.

Silver brazed barrel terminals, tinned electrolytic copper, 1/4" hole on main cables.

All connections are crimped and soldered. Main cables are hydraulic crimped. Main cable connections are covered with flame retardant dual wall polyolefin heat shrink, mil spec rated.

I could not locate boots for the 6 ring terminal ends.

$50 a set includes priority shipping to US address. Other locations will be whatever postage increase costs. (Probably 1st class outside US.)

I can add an extra un-fused 14 gauge 12 inch wire if desired to both battery terminals for $2 a set additional.

Pictures of completed set attached. Pictures show additional 12 inch lead (optional).

Last person that was going to do this was Snaggletooth last year. I have talked to him several times and he is no longer pursuing this.

Gary

81662.jpg 81663.jpg 81664.jpg 81665.jpg

Edited by Freebird

This is a major upgrade for the 1st gen bikes. I recommend that anyone that has not done this make this a priority. With this mod and the starter ground mod, this will eliminate the vast majority of the start and especially hot start problems on these bikes.

I appreciate what you do for this group.

RandyA

Dingy,

I am definitely in for a set! Would you accept a personal check or postal money order for payment?

Thanks for doing this.:clap2:

Dave

Check & Money orders fine. Paypal also.

Will send you a PM with address.

Gary

Atta boy Gary. :thumbup:

Glad you pulled that together. After changing my cables to 4ga. several years ago it didn't take much to understand how much of a major improvement the heavier cables made.

They are the foundation for about every other upgrade to improve starting these old girls rather its a 4 brush starter, adding an AGM or doing Dano's starter engage mod.

Don't matter if you don't do any other mods...... these are a great item to upgrade to.

Glad to see they are going to be available again. :thumbup:

From my Droid wherever I may happen to be at any given moment.

I added pictures of completed cable set to 1st post in this thread.

Pictures show optional extra 12" lead on both battery terminal connections. You probably only need these if you have installed extra fused accesories and would like an extra power feed for them.

Gary

The mail lady delivered my battery cables today, and when I opened up the box, I was impressed with the quality of the cables. Everything was well made, and welding cable was used for the battery cables. Welding cable is much more flexible than normal battery cable, which will ease installation. Good job Gary!

Frank

Are these going to still available in a month or two?

I'm not quite ready right now

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

I might have them.

I will mark a set for you and let you know when I am close to being out. I have sold almost half of what I got material for. Not saying I won't get more material though.

Gary